JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If those are still R12 hoses, 134 will leach out of them...FYI.
$2500 for a core 6.0? :s0125:

Interesting. I've looked up a bunch of R12 to R134a and that's the first I've heard about leaching through the old hoses. I was planning on replacing them when I get a new compressor, and I guess I'll have to see if I can find ones rated for the new stuff.

I almost want it to be the torque converter, that way when I swap in the SM465 the issue will go away.

I'm goin back 25 years to my last A/C class, but R12 is a bigger molecule than 134, the membrane in the hoses would let it leach out...if you get new hoses it shouldnt be a problem....crazy that 30 years after it was replaced that there are still R12 units that havent been upgraded.

I finally had a day to get some work done on Henry. The TBI system has been cleaned and rebuilt. Unfortunately, I didn't get time to take it for a test drive, but it did start right up with no leaks or complaints. Time will tell if it solved the stalling issue. Getting that new fuel regulator spring and diaphragm in was a real pain, and the old gasket was like baked clay; other than that, it was a real straight forward job.
IMG_20200829_120136877.jpg
IMG_20200829_140647194.jpg

Been following this thread. I love old American Iron. I'm currently running an old rust bucket 1969 Chev 3/4T CST into the ground for a few more months when I quit working. And my boat tow vehicle is a 1984 C 1500 I've had since new. It needs paint and body work in the worst way. I'd like to keep it to my end. I just need to find a shop that will paint it for less than a testicle.

I've been watching "Road Kill" some lately. Your "Burban" sort of reminds me of that show.

Awesome find dude! Just stumbled across this thread. Love these older rigs and how much room they have.
I purchased mine in 08 and have been wrenching on it ever since!:confused: they are money pits for sure but definitely worth it if you are smart about how you do it!
Quick pic of my turd....

20191228_152226.jpg

I got around to doing the heater core. Not the most enjoyable job. Heat works now, but the vacuum actuated diverter doors still don't work. The actuators themselves are in good condition, so it means I have a vacuum leak somewhere. I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to fix that.

IMG_20200922_145407760.jpg
I also reinforced the little plastic table that was broken and a known issue. The metal "exoskeleton" should be a lot better than another plastic tab.

IMG_20200924_104849719.jpg

Older rigs have a lot of cachet, esp. 'Burbs. The Great Punkin (mentioned earlier) was our wheels for about 7 yrs we attended many festivities and spent many nights in it. There is no finer choice for a big, go anywhere shooting brake* than an old 'Burb.
* Historically, the term comes from the vehicle that shooting parties would use on hunts. The vehicle had to be practical to hold the rifles, marksmen and shooting game while out and about.

1604596969496.png
Isn't that a classic shooting brake? No, it's not ours. Ours is a work in progress.
The 'Burb meets the definition perfectly. Wishing you all the best in your quest to restore such a magnificent vehicle to service. Older vehicles are easier for the owner to maintain. Having built your treasure you will not be held hostage to intentional complexity.

Aston Martin Shooting Brake. I bet you and mama couldn't spend the night in this beauty.
* 1604597644597.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top