JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been looking at the A-7 survival and feeling the itch. Just wondering if anyone here has an idea if these are decent shooters. Don't really need another .22 but would be cool to have in the pack. Haven't had a chance to check availability at local salem shops so if you have seen on a shelf would appreciate a pm.

Bought one a few years ago at Bi-Mart. Had a few stovepipes, decent accuracy, the barrel is polymer around a steel barrel sleeve. There is room in the butt for two loaded mags and with one in the receiver, it gives you 21 rounds of survival ammo. I bought mine for a bug out small game getter and at $177 I am happy with the rifle.

Cool thanks I didn't realize bimart had them. Not sure how missed them there but i do get a little over stimulated in sport goods departments.

I had one for a while but the 10-22 suited me better. Mine ran fine but one possible issue with the design is when you seat the barrel to build the rifle. Pull back on the bolt a little so the barrel fully seats in the receiver. I have a buddy who had a Charter Arms AR7 and hated it till I showed him that trick. Now his AR7 runs reliably :)

I have one that runs great, good accuracy and it feeds and ejects really reliably. One trick, when I first got it, it had trouble feeding the rounds into the chamber. I just oiled up the magazine followers a little and it fixed it right up. The mags were pretty tight out of the box, but a little drop of oil on each follower fixed the problem right up. I keep mine in a backpack that we take with us on road trips, just in case we have to hunt for some small game for sustenance. Its a fun little gun to shoot, too!

Henry Survival AR-7 is a fun little plinker gun. Mine likes the action oiled heavy. I've never had a failure with mine in over 1000 rounds. I mounted a nice 1.25-9x30 scope on it (using QD mounts & 3/8 dovetail adapters) for a little more visibility for my aging eyes.
The entire gun stores in the stock. As mentioned above, the stock will hold 3 magazines - one in the action, 2 in the stock. Magazines are 8 rounders. The whole thing will fit in a backpack.

Went to local bimart held the 10/22 really liked it. It seemed be solid when locked together. They didn't have the A-7 in stock but said they receive here and there. From what I have seen I think the A-7 is the way for me as it appears to break down and fit pack better. Will purchase one when I find. Seems bimart has best price at 220.00.

The AR-7 has a pretty steep feed angle, so it's prone to FTF. I read over the forums and saw a few folks advocating taking a little emery paper to the ramp and top edge of the receiver. I tried it and it worked, and since then my AR-7 has fed reliably with bulk ammo. [All except for one mag, which I ditched.] At two pounds, there really is no substitute for backpacking, although I prefer shooting my Marlin Papoose at twice the weight.

A word of warning: steer clear of ar7 dot com and Miguel. Bad juju all around.

A word of warning: steer clear of ar7 dot com and Miguel. Bad juju all around.
You know the first thing I had to do was go check it out. I'm like a kid never tell me not to do something. Thanks for the review am picking one up this weekend already commited to buy. I will be closing thread thanks all.

I had one and my opinion they are best for what it is marketed...A rifle of last resort. Don't get me wrong Henry makes some fine products, but I believe this excels as a small, light compact 22 that would be used mainly in a survival situation, or tucked in a daypack, in a canoe or camper. The best feature of his rifle it is light and compact in a waterproof case. If you keep that in mind you shouldn't mind accuracy or misfeed issues as they will occur with more frequency than other 22 rifles. My good friend loves it because he won't carry is full size rifle on a hike, but always seems to have is Henry with them tucked in his small day pack for need or just to use if the mood strikes.

Alright so I picked one up and took it out last weekend. shot good no misdeeds in 6 clips, around 2" accuracy at 50. The trigger pull is a bit blocky and the slide can be a pain as the knob is small (damn these sausage fingers) all in all for what the A-7 was designed for it will serve the purpose. I think they named correct as that is about what I would rate it.

thanks for the update. It's great to hear. I'm glad you had fun and I'm glad the rifle works well I think that's half the fun of Henry A7, its uniqueness. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for years to come!!! now you have me wanting to get one again

QUOTE=Panther;920053]Alright so I picked one up and took it out last weekend. shot good no misdeeds in 6 clips, around 2" accuracy at 50. The trigger pull is a bit blocky and the slide can be a pain as the knob is small (damn these sausage fingers) all in all for what the A-7 was designed for it will serve the purpose. I think they named correct as that is about what I would rate it.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top