Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Low Price Guns
J&B Firearm Sales
Defensive Arts
Sporting Systems
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Henry single shot shotgun question~~~

Catherine1

Reactions
Do any of you own a Henry single shot .410 bore shotgun?

Do you like it?

Have you read many reviews about this shotgun or shot one of your friend's Henry shotguns?

Blued steel/walnut stock.

H015-410

We have never seen a Henry shotgun in stock at any of our stores until yesterday. My husband saw a NIB one here in town. I think that he said that it was about $379. but don't hold me on that figure. I did not see it in person and he was out looking at firearms and knives.

Thank you.

Cate

Reactions
I don’t, but I own the single shot rifle .357/.38 special. It is fantastic. More fun than it seems like it should be and well built. For that price, it sounds like a deal.

Reno

Reactions
With other brands out there in the $100 range, I’d say pass on the Henry.

Unless you are after something a little nicer, than yes, the Henry single shots are definitely better than the $100 types. Not by much though.

Reactions
the Henry single shots are definitely better than the $100 types. Not by much though.
If the NEF shotguns are as nice as their rifles (earlier ones) Henry has nothing on them at all but a higher price!

Don't forget about the Winchester Mod 37 - a very nice SS shotgun and kind of a 'sleeper' in the gun world.

I passed on a nice 12 ga a few years ago for a $100 !

Red98422

Reactions
I had an NEF 410. It was a newer model (1997?) and that thing was quite nice, accurate enough to pop jack rabbits as long as I did my part.

One thing I distinctly remember is how tight it was

Reactions
If the NEF shotguns are as nice as their rifles (earlier ones) Henry has nothing on them at all but a higher price!

Don't forget about the Winchester Mod 37 - a very nice SS shotgun and kind of a 'sleeper' in the gun world.

As an owner of an older NEF and a henry single shot rifle, the Henry is a much more refined feeling gun. That is my take. I really like the Henry.

That is definitely untrue, NEF are made by Communists to support Communist repression.. The Henry is made in the USA. That said and everything clarified.... NEF might well be the way to go, the filthy Commies can't be making much. I have some Commie guns and mine function well.

AndyinEverson

Reactions
  • Howdy Y'all
I have not shot the Henry Single shot shotguns...only have seen 'em at one gun shop...
They don't seem to be around at most shops.
They look and feel nice.
I like them and the single shot rifles ...been tempted to get one or the other at times.

With that said an older NEF or H&R "Pardner" or "Topper" can be had for $200 or under where I live and you can use the balance of the cash for ammo.....
I have a late NEF Pardner in 20 gauge...it has a matte finish and laminate wood ...doesn't look the prettiest , but the grouse don't care.

As noted above the Winchester 37 is a sadly overlooked shotgun around here at least.
Pre-64 quality and often a budget price.
I have one in 20 gauge....it shoots and carries very nicely.
Like many older shotguns , this is not rated for steel shot ...so keep that in mind if you find one.
Andy

OP
C

Catherine1

Reactions
Thank you for the replies.

We were looking at a very specific style of a NIB shotgun and the New England Firearms Company went out of business. We followed that story on and off.

I do not know any person who owns this type of Henry shotgun around here.

Thanks again.

Cate

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place friendly service always take time to help you, great knowledge of products
    • RJSouth
  • Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Perfect install of peep sight on my cz 527 carbine. Price was right, was expecting it to be more. Will be my go to for anything I can't handle...
    • cd90caprice
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been party to a couple transactions with Steve and he is a great guy to deal with.
    • titsonritz
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Purchased two handguns there and have one on consignment now nice folks!
    • rl280
  • Northwest Armory - Tigard
    5.00 star(s)
    Went in to help my buddy with his purchase and ended up trading in a 1911 towards a CZ SP-01 Tactical. They gave a higher price that some of the...
    • nosbocaj

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online

• Kruel J
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect