JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wonder if the receivers are brass. This is from their website about the Golden Boy .22..

".The Golden Boy rifle's awesome 20-inch blued octagonal barrel, American walnut stock, brass buttplate and gleaming Brasslite receiver will transport you back to the wild and wooley.."

If it was brass, it'd probably suck?.. this isn't the bronze age no mo.

Sorry WAYNO and others, I was referring to the Golden Boy which is a brass alloy and is not ZAMAK. The base blue rifle is very different from the Golden Boy. It has an octagon barrel and brass alloy receiver cover. I have held the base model and I agree that I would rather have a Browning than the base model. If you get a chance, try a Golden Boy. I think that you would like it better.

The receiver is not completely a brass alloy on the Golden Boy. I am not sure what the internals are other than the steel bolt. The other larger caliber guns are completely brass alloy receivers. They have lifetime guarantees and chamber rounds as large as 45-70. If they didn't have faith in the materials, they wouldn't have the guarantee, especially shooting 44 mag, 45 Colt, 357, 30-30 and 45-70. And, for those that want to know, I bought the Golden Boy for its looks as well as its function. I got a NIB estate sale gun for $325. I couldn't pass it up. Even my wife encouraged me to buy it!

I got a Henry for my son a few Christmases ago, the thing is great. Perfect gun for a kid, since I think I paid $200 after coupons and whatnot at Cabela's.
I've also got a Browning that stays in the safe. Side by side, there's no question the Browning is a far superior piece of workmanship--fit&finish are impeccable down to the checkering.
They both shoot the same, although the Henry takes some getting used to with their sites.
I have no problems whatsoever handing the Henry to the kid and telling him to go have fun.
Can't bring myself to do that with the Browning quite yet.

For the extra $150 or so for the Browning, I'll take the Henry Golden Boy every time. If money wasn't an issue, it would be a tossup. I would have to try a new Browning for comparison, the old ones were great, but not sure the new ones are as nice. Anyone want to adopt me (OR SB941) and lend me theirs?

I bought a henry. Great gun. the only issue i had was with a huge range day and i had to open the receiver and clean the grit out. Of course there were several hundred rounds fired in about 6 hours.

I have the Marlin 39M and love it. If I were buying a .22 I would look at the 9422's, they look classy. I know a lot of guys like the Henry's but I never warmed up to their looks.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top