JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sure the people used the PPE properly too... all the time... right?

Anyone who works or had worked management around people where PPE is required knows the story.

The article doesn't say much about what the company did and didn't do with regard to hearing protection, but it's not that hard to meet the requirements.

Part of my job takes place in a very noisy environment, and some people are in that environment all day. As far as I know, the company does not provide hard ears, but it does provide unlimited ear plugs (which are sufficient), and there are signs on just about every exterior door saying, "hearing protection required." I don't know if there are is regular computer based training addressing hearing protection, but there probably is since there is for everything else we do. That's about it.

Nobody forces people to wear ear protectio once in awhile, I'll see someone standing next to a jet engine with only music earbuds in, but it's quite uncommon, they probably learn quickly that they're going deaf.

So their fine was about twice the cost of one rifle. So?
:D

Capture.PNG

In WA, WISHA holds the employer responsible if employees do not follow PPE requirements - even if employees purposely break written policy and documented training. Should there be a complaint or audit, the employer will be fined in such cases. Been there, done that.

Hmmm, maybe OSHA should investigate the US government, whose policies lead to the hearing damage of millions of gun owners due to near-prohibition of suppressors.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top