JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1000
Manufacturer
Henry
Caliber
45-70
City
Keizer
State
Oregon
Zip Code
READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE MAKING A STUPID TRADE OFFER

Henry Model X 45-70 GVNT (the one with the threaded barrel)

I recently fulfilled a dream of mine, shooting a Lever action 45-70 GVNT and well I didn't like it. It didn't feel pleasant at all. Sadly, the only way I was able to fulfill this dream to was to purchase one as I don't know anybody who owns one. I have absolutely no practical use for this, it was just going to be a shoot for fun gun.

I acquired this firearm yesterday (3/30/2021) new (Manufacturers tag states it was test fired on 3/10/2021)
Fired 20 rounds

Will include 100 rounds of ammunition and 20 casings.

50 Hornady FTX 325 grain (+10 casings)
20 HSM 405 grain RNFP
20 Grizzly 405 grain RNFP
10 Grizzly 420 grain WLNGC +P (+10 casings)

$900 for gun with no ammo.

Not really interested in trading because this was the only gun I wanted to shoot... And here we are.

Would be willing to knock off some dollars for a chance to shoot some Full Auto (with your bullets) stuff.

PXL_20210401_020132948.jpg PXL_20210401_002405475.jpg PXL_20210401_002418152.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
cheaper ways of test firing a gun. Hell I'd have let you shoot mine. next time throw out a request on the general forum lots of good guys on this site I've found. Glws

cheaper ways of test firing a gun. Hell I'd have let you shoot mine. next time throw out a request on the general forum lots of good guys on this site I've found. Glws
I definitely should have put more effort into finding one to shoot before tossing my money at this. However I had been building up ammo for many months with the anticipation of buying one. I also figured this would be the firearm that possibly kicked me into the world of reloading.

I am fairly new to firearm ownership and just got excited to own a cowboy gun in a caliber that was always extremely devastating in video games.

Thanks and have a great night!

I definitely should have put more effort into finding one to shoot before tossing my money at this. However I had been building up ammo for many months with the anticipation of buying one. I also figured this would be the firearm that possibly kicked me into the world of reloading.

I am fairly new to firearm ownership and just got excited to own a cowboy gun in a caliber that was always extremely devastating in video games.

Thanks and have a great night!
I have it's baby brother , near twin, in 45 Colt. Easier on the shoulder for sure. GLWS!

Well that was fast lol
I brought it into a store today to see if they'd want to buy it. They would have bought it but the clerk was honest and said I'd get more money through a private sale and recommended listing it on here. Said this should be a fairly quick sale. Makes me wonder if I should have had a higher asking price.

Probably could have asked for a little more but your price is fair and you're getting money in your pocket. Plus it sold fast!
I thought about a price that wouldn't be unreasonable and wouldn't mean I am down a lot of cash. $1000 for everything is less than what I paid for it all, but the experience of shooting this makes up for it.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.