JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not for that price. I don't see any reason for that other than to grow a collection and I'm all for it, but I wouldn't buy one at that price, or any really. Unless I was on horseback.
Just don't see if being good for anything, unless you got the .45 and used it for a pack gun.

I think one's nearly worthless. If you put a butt stock on it (which isn't legal, I Know) there may be some usefulness to it. In fact, Winchester used to sell guns like that. Lever action rifles with very short barrels.

I saw one the other day in Molalla at Wild Bills. Looked cool, for sure. But doesn't look like it could be shot with any kind of grip/stance that would resemble pistol shooting. I believe that you would hold it like a rifle and wouldn't have a stock to put up against your shoulder.

But then, I think that the idea of an AR15 pistol is stoopid too, so who am I to listen to?:s0114:

I have always thought they look like something a criminal would carry. A criminal with no understanding of firearms who got one of the most common rifles in the US and chopped it up with a hacksaw, ruining it.

I think they look just as different and cool as they did when Steve McQueen carried one 50 years ago...

I also think you may get a little better ballistic on some of those loads with a 12" barrel.

I think one would look great in my safe.

They need to do a Firefly / Serenity version... :)

zoe.jpg

Internet rumor is; This style of firearm was created to circumvent laws designed to remove the citizens right to carry a pistol. This type could be carried as it is a "rifle"

I dont understand what you mean. These guns are Pistols by definition and are sold and carried as such. To buy one you follow the rules of buying a pistol. To carry they are considered pistols.

What do you mean "This type could be carried as it is a "rifle"?

The earlier versions were not manufactured as handguns. (Remember that definitions and meanings changed, regarding firearms, in 1934) and as such were what we would call an SBR (short barreled rifle) back then they were just rifles. Larger cities banned the carrying of handguns. Thus the first SBRs were a way to circumvent the first "gun control" laws.

Similar laws passed in the South banned carrying of handguns not designated "saddle pistols", those laws are still on the books. Last year a fella tried to push that envelope by "open carrying" a large framed black powder handgun.

The earlier versions were not manufactured as handguns. (Remember that definitions and meanings changed, regarding firearms, in 1934) and as such were what we would call an SBR (short barreled rifle) back then they were just rifles. Larger cities banned the carrying of handguns. Thus the first SBRs were a way to circumvent the first "gun control" laws.

Similar laws passed in the South banned carrying of handguns not designated "saddle pistols", those laws are still on the books. Last year a fella tried to push that envelope by "open carrying" a large framed black powder handgun.

Makes much more sense. I thought you were talking about the recent "reintroduction" of these style of guns or recent laws. Thank you.

Internet rumor is; This style of firearm was created to circumvent laws designed to remove the citizens right to carry a pistol. This type could be carried as it is a "rifle"

This is a confusing statement. The origination of the ranch hand is in history, I don't think there is any "Internet rumor" about it, unless you're talking about the recent revival of the "mare's leg". Referring to the history of the Mare's leg your last sentence should read "This type could be carried as it WAS a "rifle"". Not meaning to be a language police or anything. I now understand what you were trying to say but your original post said something completely different.

Cyclesarge...yeah..I said it is a rifle...not is was a rifle...I suppose it could be confusing out of context. For a fella back then his defense was "It is a rifle"....

I wish that we didn't have to change definitions to meet some lawmakers attempts to "control" firearms...

Thanks for clearin' things up

W44

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews