JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which would you choose?

• Steel with round barrel

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Brass with octogon barrel

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Side Gate in brass

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Color Case Hardened

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • All Weather

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TUBE feeding (CF and RF rifles.) did not bother me and it was easier to LOAD due to my bad hands/fingers.

I agree. I have the steel Big Boy in .41 Mag, like the tube loading feature. Especially as someone else said for pistol length cartridges.

I'd take the round barrel, octagonal bbls. never did anything for me. Tend to be heavier, don't they?

Steel receiver for me.

My .41 did have to make a return to the factory. Henry fixed it without a whimper in quick time. When levering a cartridge into battery, it wasn't smooth. It had a kinda hitch to it about every other round. Like I'd try to lever the round in and it would hang up; I'd have to back it off a hair, then finish it up. They polished it up inside, replaced the lever, etc. Now it's smooth as goose grease with any kind of bullet.

At this point in life, I'm not adding any more guns to my lot. If I were, I'd think about one of their Long Ranger rifles in .223.

@ATCclears , that really is a nice looking rifle. I'm sure you're going to enjoy it.
Did you get the straight or curved lever? While I've always liked the straight lever, this one looks very nice with the curved one.

@orygun I don't have the rifle in-hand yet. I found a very fair price on gunbroker.com and bought it. I think it is the straight loop - the other rifle in that picture on the Henry website is chambered in .45-70.

If I receive the rifle before Christmas, I'll wrap it up and address it from Santa to me, put it under the tree, and it will be my own version of the scene in A Christmas Story. The wife doesn't know I made the purchase. ;)

I received this in an email this morning.

I picked up the new Henry from the FFL this week, daughter wrapped it for me and addressed it from Santa to me, and will sneak it under the tree tonight. Wifey is either going to smile or growl...

*smirk*

Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 6.35.18 AM.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews