JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Listed in the December 29 circular, the original Henry lever action is $259 until Christmas. Perhaps not a Great deal with a capital G, but $40 off of regular price is still a healthy discount. You ought to call first to your local store, however, as the clerk told me last night that they were low in stock.

Link:

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
My son has one of these but the Frontier version with an Octagon barrel. Excellent rifle in every way. He shoots the crap out of jack rabbits with it.

If you are considering this, you'll get "the bug".

I got a heck of a deal on a Henry Golden Boy in 17HMR. OMFG!!!!

Then I ran across a Golden Boy in 22WMR. (That is a near religious experience to shoot!)

Then a Golden Boy in 22LR followed me home from a gun show one day. :s0069:

Doesn't really make sense to thread a lever gun if it is tube fed only unless it has the clearance to pull out loading tube with the suppressor in place. I am patiently waiting for henry to offer side gates on a steel 45/70 or a steel 45colt lever. Henry does make a threaded 22 with a longer barrel to allow tube mag to be used but it makes for a long and not so handy package. Lever 22's are tough one though as a side gate to load would probably be tough task to get it work well with the size of 22lr cartridges.

Doesn't really make sense to thread a lever gun if it is tube fed only unless it has the clearance to pull out loading tube with the suppressor in place. I am patiently waiting for henry to offer side gates on a steel 45/70 or a steel 45colt lever. Henry does make a threaded 22 with a longer barrel to allow tube mag to be used but it makes for a long and not so handy package. Lever 22's are tough one though as a side gate to load would probably be tough task to get it work well with the size of 22lr cartridges.
I have room to thread and screw on a can on my Marlin. I probably wouldn't pay to thread a .22 . If it came threaded, OK, but probably not worth the $$ otherwise.

I have room to thread and screw on a can on my Marlin. I probably wouldn't pay to thread a .22 . If it came threaded, OK, but probably not worth the $$ otherwise.
I have a beautiful jm marlin 45/70 but unwilling to desecrate it. I am also having no luck finding a decent remlin for the project. So I will patiently wait for henry to install load gates on more of their line.

I've been very pleased with mine. Zero problems with 460 various LR brands downrange. Doesn't seem the least bit picky with ammo, but CCI Mini mags seem to be the most accurate.

Last Edited:
Really a shame I read your post wrong. I thought the deal was starting December 29 so I waited until then. Oh well, I'll be ready next time around

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top