JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know about you folks but I sent an email off to see if it will be offered in walnut (they do make their stocks in house still right?) and also asked what the heck is up with the 5/8-24 threading.

They need to look like this:

IMG_1467[1].JPG

I do agree that polymer might not have been a good choice. I think they were trying to be inline with the Marlin maybe by going that route?

Henry uses very nice wood for their products, it would have been a very nice looking rifle with their existing wood based stocks.

My last Henry product was very nice with a brass receiver and beautiful grain wooden stocks.

I'm not against "tacticalish" lever guns though.

looks like they retained the the ability to pull the tube and load it that way too.
Unfortunately it also retains the known problem of the cartridge rims catching on the edge of the inner tube.

I discovered a simple 'fix' for this by chamfering the inside of the opening of the inner tube with a deburring tool.

Federal has also just introduced ammo with a slightly tapered rim to prevent the tube from catching on it but a slight cut with a deburring tool solves the problem.

Personally I think Henry should have dropped the removable inner tube on the side gate models and went with the typical closed tube and solved the problem.

Yeah, I don't think I've got to tell anyone here... wood. They missed on that one. Really digging that tactical, lever gun look. All the rage these days.

Wood...
Would they put wood...
Oh lovely strong and straight grain...
Or perhaps a curly figure , means more to one's brain...
Wood , if they only could....:D
Andy

Word. Wood stock would be better.

I think nearly everyone likes the receiver and the barrel....however most of us want the stock to go back to TapCo where it came from....could be worse though, anybody remember this abomination from Mossberg?

View attachment 653541

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww. :eek:

I have a strong preference for wood furniture also, especially on lever actions and muzzle loaders. I would have thought that even laminated would have been a good compromise, if you're going for durability.

Perhaps if Henry won't add the wood you may just have to do it yourself :D

image.jpeg

Or my preference:

image.jpeg

P1210535-1-768x150.jpg

I just fired off an email to ask if the actions have been modded to feed heavy for caliber bullets now that the twist rates are appropriate for them. Specifically above 260gr in 45 colt and 280 gr and up in 44 mag. In the past their actions would not feed these heavies without some smithing work. I also asked if wood furniture was forthcoming on the threaded and side gated models.

This rails and threaded barrel schit has gone too far. I've had it. I will NEVER own anything with threads. I'm half tempted to dremel off all the flash suppressors off my ARs and M1A just to NOT have anything threaded. Hell, I may cut the end off the garden hose too, it has threads.

Don't forget your gallon milk jug YOU DON'T NEED NO STINKING LID!!!:s0140:

Yeah, I don't get it either. I have nothing against suppressors, but they're not my thing. Given the cost, regulation, and bulk; I'm fine with hearing protection at the range. It's the only place I shoot anyhow.

Besides, who ever thought up this idea of silencers on lever guns anyhow? It's light putting an LED light bar on a Model T Ford. Ridiculous.

Personally, I blame this guy: President Teddy Roosevelt Liked His Rifles Suppressed - The Truth About Guns :)

1580058539469.png

Actually though, I was wondering a while back why suppressors had been making such a comeback in recent years. I'm really not a suppressor guy and I'll probably never own one, but the reason for their popularity is simple, ironic, and interesting. In a word: Inflation.

When Teddy's distant cousin Franklin signed the law regulating silencers in 1934, $200 was a lot of money. The intention was to put them completely out of reach of the common man. When you calculate for inflation, it was the equivalent of around $3,800. They didn't count on inflation through the decades, and in recent years $200 has been well in reach of the common man.

Come to think of it, that's probably why they had to close the registry for machine guns. Just think of how many common folks would have those horrible things now had they not. The horrors! :)

Well shoot. Step in the right direction, but missed the mark. I like that they're not brass - that stuff scratched/scuffed so easily on my last Henry. But no wood stocks? WTH?? Guess we'll have to wait and see if they get the message.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top