JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
New, unfired, in original box.

My father in law was a lifetime supporter of the BSA and an avid collector of scouting memorabilia. He recently passed away and the executor of the estate has requested that this be liquidated.
-----------------------------------
The specs are as follows;

Model: H004BSA

Action - Lever
Caliber - 22 Long Rifle
Barrel Length - 20"
Capacity - 16 + 1
Trigger - Single Stage
Safety - Hammer
Length - 38 1/2"
Weight - 6.7 lbs
Stock - Walnut
Finish - Blue Steel Barrel/Brass receiver
----------------------------------
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg Box.jpg

The estate is asking $750~.

Available again. The "buyer" committed and then disappeared into thin air...

----------------------------------

As an alternative to cash, I've been allowed to consider as partial trade a Marlin Model 39a, dating from 1953 or earlier, with Ballard rifling in excellent original condition.

Last Edited:
Left.jpg action L.jpg bolt.jpg Butt 1.jpg Butt 2.jpg muzzle l.jpg muzzle r.jpg
Good morning;
It is a Springfield Model 120A; made by Savage Arms. The barrel stamp reads; "Springfield - Model 120A ", "Savage Arms, Westfield Mass. USA" ".22 Short, Long, or Long Rifle".
It dates ca. late 1950's - mid 1960's, from what I can gather. There is a number "58" stamped on the barrel, slightly in front of the scope. The serial number is located on the barrel, directly above the bolt and is P366XXX.
Attached please find a copy of a tear sheet that was with the gun. It describes the gun in detail. Also attached are photos of the actual rifle. It is equipped with a Bushnell 3-7 "Custom .22" scope, which is attached to the dovetail by the use of a full length rail mount. The scope appears to be newer than the rifle. The rear sight was removed, apparently to allow the scope to be mounted unobstructed, and the factory sight screw reinserted in the screw hole. We were unable to locate the rear sight. However, Numrich Gun Parts Corp. has original NOS rear sights in stock (103470A) for $6.45.
The bluing shows some slight wear, mainly toward the muzzle, and there are scattered light handling marks along the length of the barrel. The bolt also displays some loss of bluing.
The wood is free of notable defects, and appears to be birch, or a similar inexpensive hardwood, as opposed to walnut. The bore appears to be issue free. No bulges or pits are evident. Rifling appears to be crisp. I've not run a brush through it, but assume that it is issue free, with the exception of some leading. The buttplate is intact with no cracks, chips or other damage evident.
The gun belonged to my father in law and was wrapped up in an oiled shirt, which was inside an old vinyl gun carry case. We found found it in a closet in his shop when we were cleaning out his place after he passed away. He was a lifetime member of the Boy Scouts of America, and spent part of his summers teaching marksmanship at a summer camp for scouts. I'm guessing that the gun was acquired in conjunction with this activity, but apparently saw little use. This is all that I know about the gun. Hopefully, this is of some help.
Thanks for your interest.
Bruce

Attachments

• Springfield.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 173
Apologies if the original reply to a value got mis-routed. It didn't show up here as I assumed that it would.

I contacted the executor of the estate with regards to an asking price and they responded with the following.
Based on the condition of both the rifle and the scope, they feel that $175~ plus the cost of shipping to your FFL would be fair for both the estate and the buyer. If that's more than you're comfortable with, I can always submit an offer.
Thanks once again,
Bruce Silva
Jacksonville, Or.

Good afternoon - Do you still have the Henry? I mean no disrespect but I would be willing to pay $300.00 for it and come down south to pick it up. I am in the market for a lever action 22 and I saw this listed.

I contacted counsel for the trust. They recommended that I suggest that your $300~ offer would make a good down payment on a layaway...

Ok, thanks for checking. I would be willing to pay $400.00 (total) and come pick it up and pay the transfer fees. Just looking for another Golden Boy Lever Action , I have one in 17HMR. The BSA, although is special for a collector, isn't to me. I am looking for something to teach my grandson how to shoot. Thanks again

I understand. Truthfully, to me, it's just a nice .22 lever in fancy clothes. I personally have no interest in it with the exception of helping my nearly 90 year old mother in law pay her bills.

With regards to a high quality, reasonably priced .22 lever for your Grandson; might I suggest a Marlin 39a from the mid to late 50's era. They are, in my opinion, one of the best rimfire levers ever made. Marlin changed over from Ballard to Micro-groove rifling ca. 1953, and the ones just post the changeover have not attained the cult status that the earlier ones have, yet. You should be able to find one in 95% +/- condition in your price range.

Good luck, and thanks again for your interest.

good luck w your sales.. !,
just for interest: Ive recently been thinking of a .22 lever action, and have learned of the 39a... your advice seems spot on... the 39a is very highly regarded and has great history... nothing against Henrys.. fine guns and company..
but Im on the hunt for a vintage 39a

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.