JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another serious detractor could be the grips. They do not appear to match anything common such as S & W , Ruger etc. so if an owner is not satisfied with the stock ones there may be no aftermarket alternatives.

Another serious detractor could be the grips. They do not appear to match anything common such as S & W , Ruger etc. so if an owner is not satisfied with the stock ones there may be no aftermarket alternatives.
Now that will be a HUGE mistake on their part if they did that. I had not even thought of that but a LOT of people who buy a wheel gun end up buying different grips. This so far is not sounding like someone thought this out very well.

I really want Henry and other gun manufacturers to succeed bur not to the point I feel that I am donating to them. I do not see anything special in thier revolvers especially at thier price point. I am looking at thier single shot rifles.

I thought the single shot shotgun was crazy but this is even more crazy.

I am looking at thier single shot rifles.
Two different viewpoints on the same subject.

Interest in single shots is out there. People are paying good money for some of the mass produced New England Firearms and H&R 1871 examples on Gunbroker. Even though they were made in the hundreds of thousands over the years. The Henry version is about a $500-ish touch, less than many decent bolt action rifles including used guns. Also, for use in the field, a single shot is typically lighter (and simpler) than a repeater action. So they have their place.

I've only owned one Henry rifle, the Big Boy Steel in .41 Magnum (I bought it for the caliber). It's gone now but it was a pretty good rifle. It had to go back to the factory for a bit of fine tuning, but I've had several Rugers that went that route and were good guns.

I wouldn't mind owning a Henry single shot, and I may yet. I've also been interested in the Long Ranger but haven't sprung for one. I have to maintain some limits on what I want or I'll wind up getting too many guns again. Plus, how many guns should I buy that do the same thing?

If momentum against "assault rifles" and semi-autos in general keeps up, we may place even higher value on single shots in the future. Especially if they wind up being the only thing we are allowed to own. People may actually discover that taking one, careful shot at the target can be fun.

Just the same, I'm going to pass on the Henry revolvers as depicted.

Not being a wheel gun guy I had not paid attention in a while. This made me look and there seems to be a LOT of nice 686's for what this new Henry said its going to MSRP. So unless these things shake out to be a lot less I find it hard to believe this one is going to go flying off the shelves.
Plus, if a gun looks like crap, I am not purchasing it.

I really want Henry and other gun manufacturers to succeed bur not to the point I feel that I am donating to them. I do not see anything special in thier revolvers especially at thier price point.
I agree and like I mentioned before Henry has a very 'dyed in the wool', almost cult-like following with a large part of their market and these types will most likely dive on these ONLY because they have the name 'Henry' on them.

I mean, watch the early Henry ads & vids, very 'homey' and family oriented, lots of nice pics and statements of owners and traditionally based with the motto, 'Made in America or not at all'

Please don't get me wrong! I think all that is a GREAT platform for advertising and promoting but it really captured the hearts and minds of a certain segment and it appears this turned out to be Henry's primary customer base.

I recall a member of the Henry forum saying he owned 16 Henry rifles.

Well, personally I can't imagine owning 16 of any gun (or anything for that matter), unless it's something very collectible, rare, or no longer made - and even then 16 would be a stretch.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top