Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Henry .22

Pete F

Reactions
Just picked up a Henry .22 lever action. I’ve been browning guy for life. But I can’t deny the smooth Henry actions. Good food for the wife and kids.
Did you get the Goldenboy? I love mine, other than being a little heavy for caliber. The action is the smoothest lever action that I have ever shot. I picked it up new in box from and estate sale for $325 about four years ago. I have only put about 50 rounds through it and that was a tough decision. It is just too pretty to shoot, but I don't have guns that I won't shoot built after 1900.

Love my Goldenboy! Fun to play stagecoach defender. Have not met anyone who does not have fun shooting it. PLUS it loads .22 shorts!

I got lucky my local Bi-Mart had one that I thought looked like a great deal, said lets write it up. Only to discover it was priced wrong. In true Bi-Mart fashion they honored the low price. DEAL.

OP
Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5

Reactions
Did you get the Goldenboy? I love mine, other than being a little heavy for caliber. The action is the smoothest lever action that I have ever shot. I picked it up new in box from and estate sale for $325 about four years ago. I have only put about 50 rounds through it and that was a tough decision. It is just too pretty to shoot, but I don't have guns that I won't shoot built after 1900.
No. I got the standard. For me I’m not to excited about the brass playing. I believe the old school Henry’s that are solid brass.
The plated ones seem to bright for me. But I’m sure one day I will buy one. So crazy how smooth that action is!

Pete F

Reactions
No. I got the standard. For me I’m not to excited about the brass playing. I believe the old school Henry’s that are solid brass.
The plated ones seem to bright for me. But I’m sure one day I will buy one. So crazy how smooth that action is!
Actually it is not plated. It is a brass alloy that is tough to tell between it and brass unless you look inside the action. It is slightly lighter than brass when you look inside. It didn't cost much more than the blue model and I like the octagon barrel.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is technically competent in all aspects of gunsmithing and...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and chairs to be damn near perfect. They try and for the...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months of use and a handful of speed steel events, I...
    • Mister Bisley