JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been wanting a 22 mag rifle for awhile to complement a Ruger single six conv. I am wondering if any members have first hand experience with the Henry lever 22 mag. Good, bad, any better options in 22 mag in the same price range ($400)? thanks for the help.

I had one for quite some time. I mounted simple red dot sight on it, and I could easily hit clay pigeons out to 100 yards every time. I probably put 600 rounds through mine and it never once jammed. I loved it but at the time it was so much cheaper to shoot .22lr I traded it. I also got it as a compliment to my single six; still have the ruger, and I wish I still had the henry.

My son has one of the Henry .22LR. Frontiers (Oct Barrel) and its an outstanding little rifle. Very high quality all around.. Accurate (we have been very successful shooting Jack rabbits with it)

I too want one of the .22Mag versions and have read almost nothing but good things about them.

I finally got to shoot one in .22 lr and man those things cycle and shoot well. I wish my Marlin .357 was that smooth. I also want one in .22 Mag, but having trouble justifying it with .22 Mag ammo now almost as much as .223, and there's no way to reload to cut that cost down at all. Not to mention it is actually harder to find and accumulate than .22 lr. Even still, I'd sure like to have one some day.

I've been wanting a 22 mag rifle for awhile to complement a Ruger single six conv. I am wondering if any members have first hand experience with the Henry lever 22 mag. Good, bad, any better options in 22 mag in the same price range ($400)? thanks for the help.
I bought a Golden Boy 22 mag. 2 weeks ago. What an experience. Very smooth lever and very accurate. Trying to find how to install a Marbles improved tang peep sight. It must be a secret. Can not find the right screw set. Some say to use the one existing screw and drill/tap the other. Others say to drill/tap two new holes. Any help would be nice. Thanks.