JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We had to put down Lilly our Bull Mastif a few months ago! We had the vet come to our home. Best for her, us, even the vet! Very well worth the extra money!
Sorry for your loss!:(

Please don't shoot anything in your lap!!!

I would highly suggest YOU DO NOT EUTHANIZE YOURSELF unless you are highly experienced rancher etc. I volunteered at the humane society for years and...well....some very stupid people did stupid things to animals to try and end their suffering but only made it worse. Take care of your pal - he/she was there for you.

Have your vet do an in home private.

This is the easiest way to do it. I would second this. I've done it many ways, but this is by far the easiest for the animal.

hang in there. This sucks, we've all been there

Sorry for your loss. It's huge, and just plain sad whichever way you go, no getting around that. You just need to hold onto the good memories. And when you're ready, get another doggie.

Dogs are like people to me (often better). I would not want the lasting recollection of seeing something as damaging as a gunshot, even if it was instantaneous. Just my personal preference.

My neighbor had a vet come to the house. Not sure how much extra that cost, but the old dog was at home where he'd lived for 15 years and just went to sleep. Buddy and I took him to the vet after that.

Thanks all, my vet said he can come to the house and so I'm going to do that.

Thanks again.

Good choice. I remember how it felt with out last dog. But I can say, having the vet do it was the most peaceful choice. Do what ZA said and enjoy him up to the end. I do believe one of the greatest responsibilities and honors we have to our pets is to help them pass on when it's time, since they can't make that decision themselves. It is a great act of compassion. My condolences.

I had to put down a cat the hard way when I was a young man with no money and the thought that I was hard and lean.

I'll freely admit that I still have nightmares about that episode 20 years ago; one trigger pull may have been easier to handle, but unfortunately After the first shot caused harm and not solve the issue I emptied the mag. I still have that gun and have so many good memories but it is tainted by that one night.

Our last dog we took to the vet at age 14 earlier this year. She was our family dog but really she was my girl. My wife drove with my daughter in the front seat and I held Zoe and sobbed all the way to the vet. She knew what was going on and was ready to move on.

I held my rot/lab as the vet gave her a small injection and I held on to her for a few min after it was done. That was a much better memory for her passing even though I still miss her badly.

I had to put down a cat the hard way when I was a young man with no money and the thought that I was hard and lean.

I'll freely admit that I still have nightmares about that episode 20 years ago; one trigger pull may have been easier to handle, but unfortunately After the first shot caused harm and not solve the issue I emptied the mag. I still have that gun and have so many good memories but it is tainted by that one night.

Our last dog we took to the vet at age 14 earlier this year. She was our family dog but really she was my girl. My wife drove with my daughter in the front seat and I held Zoe and sobbed all the way to the vet. She knew what was going on and was ready to move on.

I held my rot/lab as the vet gave her a small injection and I held on to her for a few min after it was done. That was a much better memory for her passing even though I still miss her badly.

Never forget her she will live forever.

Cherpybird ... most sorry to hear of your family friend. My lab is 15 1/2 now ... still healthy but I'll be dealing with this pain soon enough. I hope to take her to her original duck hunting spot and let her rest by the river. Does any one know if you can get and give the shot (like a vet) yourself? Thought she would enjoy some ice cream then go to sleep in her favorite spot.

My dog Scamp, finally passed on today. He seemed to muster a bit through Christmas, but his energy failed these past few days. He went to sleep in my arms in a bacon/drug infused bliss.

Thanks for all the advice from you guys.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top