JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What am I doing wrong? JR3 press, RCBS .223 die, 10:1 alcohol lanolin lube, decap pin .25" protrusion. Any suggestions?
Larry :confused:

Bad cases.jpg

Looks like to much lube possibly. I had some 223 cases do the same thing when I first started and it was from to much lube. Maybe use a little less and try cleaning your die out.

Yep. Looks like hydraulic denting from too much lube. It takes very little lube to properly cover a case.

But....
Too little and you'll find out real quick! :D

Thank you one and all. :s0067: That was it. :s0094: I spent 45 yrs in the auto industry and over lubrication was NEVER an issue. But I can see where hydrostatic lock can develop in that small area. This is the first of many problems I am sure to come across, and I will not hesitate to ask again. You guys & gals are the best. :s0160:

A quick note about spray lubes. Most take a little while to set and will cause a case to stick if the lube is still wet.

RCBS makes a nice little case extractor for when ya stick a case in the sizing die.

As mentioned by most all of the other respondents, those are lube dents. If not using the case for a heavy charge, they can be fireformed back out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top