JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oregonhunter

Spinal cord stimulator? Can you tell us a little more about this?

Being that opiate based pain meds lose their effectiveness I'm always open to alternative Tx.....Thanks.

Ben, I forgot to thank you for being in service to our country...Thank you.

Hey Ben, I didn't mean to sound mean or unfeeling or anything. I hear you and empathize with you and do wish you the best no matter what.
I do know about pain, having broken about half the bones in my body with associated soft tissue damage and yada yada over the years. I've also had CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome).. you don't want that.. they sometimes have to amputate all of your limbs because of atrophy and complications because of essentially the pain.
I was just trying to be helpful.

I second Dr, Rask for surgical type pain relief, he did my spinal injections. Dr. Anderson (in same office) is who I see and there are other meds that can help so that you can take less of the narcotics. Not a problem getting the narcotics but you have to go once a month to get the scripts which is the downside especially if there is no change that needs the doctors attention. Part of the monthly visit is a urine sample as required by the feds as well, both pain centers I have been to (Corvallis and Salem) have done these and stated that it is required.

I would also look for a pain center that may be on the coast. As stated before primary docs do not specialize in what you need and you would be better served going to someone who is.

Oregonhunter

Spinal cord stimulator? Can you tell us a little more about this?

Being that opiate based pain meds lose their effectiveness I'm always open to alternative Tx.....Thanks.

Ben, I forgot to thank you for being in service to our country...Thank you.
Well. I sold those for 7 years, and I have implanted 300-500. I lost count. They work sometimes. Meant for use with folks with leg, butt, foot, arm, hand, and the biggest category backs. You do a trial for a week. If the trial works, you get the implant. But insurance has to authorize it first. You feel a tingling effect near or on the area of pain. On average, 70% of trails are successful. From there about 50-75% of the implanted patients are happy. The re-implant rate is only 33% though. So it's hit and miss. Another option is a implanted pain pump. BUT ONLY when using micro-dosing. Does this help? Ask way if needs be.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top