JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
? How old does a young boy have to be before he can OWN a rifle?

? Is my son in law's brother close enough relative to receive a rifle with out a Back ground check?

I'm to lazy to go hunting for the info. Thanks for any help.:eek:

Grey question. Grey answer-

If he passes the hunter safety give him the rifle. Let him know it is only a loan and if he turns into a turd he loses it.:mad: I had to do this to my son and his grades improved very quickly.

And there is no paperwork on a borrowed firearm.

Depends.

If the kid is a psycho sugaraholic with ADD, I would wait until he reaches about 85-ish

If he/she is intelligent, well mannered, thoughtful, self aware with a measure of common sense appropriate for his/her age, then you be the judge. My grandson is 12 and has his own .22. The other two ages 10 and 8 shoot, but I would not entirely trust their judgement at this point only due to their maturity level and the fact that they are grand kids not within my realm of control 24/7

I'm not sure I would let him/her own it till leaving the house. However it is theirs. In other words it is a firearm you purchased for your child. It remains in your safe, in your name. Then when they are old enough in your eyes to fully understand things and they are leaving the house, it can become theirs. That is how I would approach this.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top