JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Usually you place them in another file. Like illustrator or inDesign or word and then print that document.

Tiff is a professional file format that carries huge amounts of data. And is not intended to be a standalone file to print.

Some operating systems will print them but if you place it in another file like word it will print everywhere

How big is the file and what kind of output are you using it for? Depending on what you are trying to do, you can reformat the image into a compressed image such as a .jpeg which will reduce file size due to compression of the code that defines the image. In addition, you can downsample the image if your output is not hi res and/ or large in physical output size. If you need help, send me a PM and I can format the image for what you are trying to do.

I'd just convert it. There is an open source app called "the gimp", it will read it in and then you can write it out to something else... Or resize it, or layer it or whatever, pretty powerful program for free.

I agree with those that recommend file conversion, then printing. I've done it before, it's not difficult, and assuming you don't need professional printer level quality, it's no big deal. Add to the list of the programs mentioned above, FastStone Image Viewer. It's freeware and I've been using it for at least 15 years for a variety of things. It not only will do conversions on single images, but can batch process images for conversions and a lot of other changes. It's pretty easy to use, unlike, in my opinion, GIMP, which has a steeper learning curve. Either way, both are free.

Here is a link to FastStone: FastStone Image Viewer - Powerful and Intuitive Photo Viewer, Editor and Batch Converter

What do you need to do with the image on paper?

Before you hit print DO check the properties - ie if it won't fit on your paper, you may be dumping the whole tray, etc. I get European standard size documents at work and this is a challenge for those not expecting it. If this is the case, just tell the printer dialog what size you actually have and you are good.

What do you need to do with the image on paper?

Before you hit print DO check the properties - ie if it won't fit on your paper, you may be dumping the whole tray, etc. I get European standard size documents at work and this is a challenge for those not expecting it. If this is the case, just tell the printer dialog what size you actually have and you are good.
Thats why I like Adobe Acrobat for some cases. During the print setup I select 'fit to page' then we dont get the 72 sheets coming out of the printer unecpectedly :confused::D

+1 on checking the settings. Acrobat may take your 8"x10" 300 pixel per inch, 34mb sized image siutable for professional printing for your new hot high quality brochure, and turn it into crap good enough to print well on a self made business card....or not. You can embed said hi res image in a PDF, and it will still be a 34 mb file.
Figure out what you want the image for (resolution/physical size of output) take the pic with that in mind. Do a quick Google search to learn about image pixels to output process. You will quickly be able to keep file size and image quality in line with what you want. Remember, you can have an amazingly hi res pic to start, but if you down sample too much, the software will decide what parts of the image to degrade to match file size ( the reverse is true as well).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top