Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Help with the late bow hunt...

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by amcardon, Nov 11, 2010.

1. amcardon

amcardon Mustang, OK Member

Hey guys, this is my first year hunting in Oregon and my second year bowhunting (not successful last year). I am in med school and didn't get anything during the early hunt but really want to go out for the late hunt but just don't know where to go. Everybody I have asked tells me that if I don't know anybody with private land that will let me on then I might as well forget about it; well I don't know anybody with private land so that's a problem, but I would sure like to put a doe/cow in the freezer.

Anyway, if any of you guys have any recommendations/hints/tips for the late bow season I would really appreciate it. I'm used to muleys and rockies, not these crazy whites, blacks and rooseys!

2. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

You may want to take a look up hwy 229 (along the siletz river) from hwy 101 south of Lincoln city at some of the timber company lands. Check the boundrys of the area,, but many elk migrate down into the various drainages along here,,, around the 5 to 14 mile marker's,,, any more info than that and many of my elk hunting partners will be hunting me! Good luck

3. SICARIO

SICARIO Oregon City Active Member

Along the same area, the lucymute river is good. I have seen some nice bucks and bulls up there

4. amcardon

amcardon Mustang, OK Member

Thanks guys! I will definitely check out those areas!