Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Help with site's search feature please?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gunner3456, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

OK, I wanted to see if any Kahr PM-9 guns had been advertised for sale. I tried "Kahr PM-9," "Kahr PM9" and "Kahr PM 9." I selected the "classified handguns" section.

Below is a screen shot of one such search, and another of the results. What am I doing wrong, please? Why am I getting so many irrelevant results?

Thanks. :thumbup:

kahhhh1.jpg

kahhhh2.jpg

2. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

Try putting the search words in quotation marks such as: "Kahr PM-9"

3. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

Right under where you typed "Kahr PM-9" there's a box with a drop down feature. Click on the arrow, and you have the choice of "Search in Titles only" Meaning you'll only get that which is in the title of the thread.

For example, the title of this thread is "Help with site's search feature please?"

So in doing a search for this thread, if I put in any of the words of this title, then used the "Search in Titles only", this thread would come up.

What you're doing right now, is getting every post ever made that has the word "Kahr" and/or "PM-9" in it.

4. Gunner3456

Ah. Thanks. It worked. :thumbup:

5. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

The use of wildcards is very helpful when searching, Instead of Kahr PM-9 use Kahr PM*.

6. Gunner3456

Thanks for all the tips. :)