Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Help with PPK 380

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by Frog, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Frog

Frog Vancouver, Washington Member

The gun in 22 years old, but has only fired 100 rounds or less.

It's always had some kind of a problem. First, with jamming. Better ammo has seemingly fixed that, but now the slide won't reset the hammer for the next shot. It has truly become a single action, where after each shot is fired, the hammer must be manually cocked for the next shot. On the rare occasion where the slide does reset the hammer, heavy breathing can cause the next chambered round to fire!

If you, or someone you know is familiar with the old PPK (Interarms), I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks,
    Frog.

2. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

Sounds like the notch on the hammer has become worn and the hammer is falling to half cock. Replace the hammer or have someone who knows what they are doing regrind the notch. You might need to replace the sear as well. My first Series 70 .45 did that because a prior owner wanted a lighter trigger pull. Good thing the half cock or safety notch is still there or that PPK would be full auto and probably dump the entire magazine before you let go of the trigger. Even then there is no guarantee it would stop firing.

3. Tornado-Technologies

Tornado-Technologies Hillsboro Active Member

I'm intimately familiar with the PPK, feel free to drop by and we can take a look at it.

We're open 10-6pm on Friday & Sat for customer drop offs. We'll be closed this Sat for 4 July Weekend.

www.tornado-technologies.com

4. Frog

Have you got a fire drum? I'm pretty sure it will need to be fired to demonstrate it's problem.

I can drop by with it Friday, after lunch.

Thanks,
    Frog.

5. Tornado-Technologies

Tornado-Technologies Hillsboro Active Member

Yes, we have a bullet trap.

6. Frog

Thanks, see you Friday!

Frog.