JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Swapping out the kitchen sing faucet as one of this weekend's projects. The last barrier to removal is this nut under the center. To get the nut off I first have to unhook the detachable spray head. Having some issues removing the clamp.

With this picture just realized it's plastic and not metal and not a compression type line you might see on a radiator hose. Will probably pop off with a screwdriver now that I can see with something other than my fingertips, but my knees and back have decided to call it a night.

Thought I would reach out to the kind folks here and see if anyone had experience with this particular style. I'm sure there will be yet one more obstacle that will send me to Home Depot tomorrow to complete the removal once I pop off the clamp. The nut looks like a real sweetheart especially with the corrosion..
1590896011541.png

Here's what is up top. Initially thought it was Moen because of the hot/cold water indicator, but unsure of brand.
1590896774822.png

Since you're gonna replace the faucet....just cut the lines. Faster and easier. And work without having to bend like a contortionists.

But, you want to play with nuts.....well, it's your nuts.

Wait....did I just say that?

OK....... or you could wait for that special wrench. But, spray some lube (PB Blaster) if you'll be waiting for tomorrow.

Aloha, Mark

Swapping out the kitchen sing faucet as one of this weekend's projects. The last barrier to removal is this nut under the center. To get the nut off I first have to unhook the detachable spray head. Having some issues removing the clamp.

With this picture just realized it's plastic and not metal and not a compression type line you might see on a radiator hose. Will probably pop off with a screwdriver now that I can see with something other than my fingertips, but my knees and back have decided to call it a night.

Thought I would reach out to the kind folks here and see if anyone had experience with this particular style. I'm sure there will be yet one more obstacle that will send me to Home Depot tomorrow to complete the removal once I pop off the clamp. The nut looks like a real sweetheart especially with the corrosion..
View attachment 704122

Here's what is up top. Initially thought it was Moen because of the hot/cold water indicator, but unsure of brand.
View attachment 704124
That is a Moen, based upon the red/blue insert thingie.
I replaced a similar faucet like yours last February. Like @ma96782 suggests, I just cut mine off since none of those parts are needed for the replacement. I had the basin wrench, but I didn't end up using it for the "disassembly"...

Last Edited:
You need a basin wrench.
First spray some WD-40 or liquid wrench on the brass threads and more then likely you'll have to put a crescent wrench on the basin wrenches square shaft to help break the nut free.

1590902974229.png

1590902925842.png

You need a basin wrench.
First spray some WD-40 or liquid wrench on the brass threads and more then likely you'll have to put a crescent wrench on the basin wrenches square shaft to help break the nut free.

View attachment 704147

View attachment 704145

Reading this and feeling the OPs pain, I thought of you and would have pinged you had you not come in! Always helpful you are, Jeff! :s0155:

Just wanted to update in case someone with a similar issue runs across this. I did try a basin wrench, but there was no way to get enough clearance. Also no way in the tight space to use an open ended wrench.

I was able to determine that the old faucet had a very Moen logo like Hot/Cold indicator ot was in fact was a Delta Signature.

Old style Delta faucets (house is about 15 years old) used the U clamp in my photos above and have a 17mm nut. Delta makes a tool for them the RP11722.
1591481938716.png
I almost ordered one but the reviews said they were pretty flimsy and broke. One review mentioned using an extra deep 17mm socket which I figured would have more utility later. I found this one, CTA Tools 1717 Extra Deep Socket, on Amazon for about the same price and it did the trick
1591482499263.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top