JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As the title says. I got this rifle from my grandfathers lakehouse prior to him selling it. He said the rifle was at the house when he bought the place in '67. Clearly from one of the world wars. All markings are intact with serial number. Obviously its beat to hell and missing parts. Im not trying to make money just want information as its a really cool piece of history.

IMG_2735.jpeg IMG_2734.jpeg IMG_2733.jpeg IMG_2732.jpeg IMG_2731.jpeg IMG_2730.jpeg IMG_2729.jpeg IMG_2728.jpeg IMG_2724.jpeg

i agree with homeuser6 that looks like the 6.5mm Type 38 Japanese infantry rifle. It was standard issue in the 1920 and 30s, with the later 7.7mm Type 99 introduced as a replacement (but many Type 38s saw service in WWII, in places like Guadalcanal.)

Yes, a type 38 in 6.5X50. If you can get a clearer picture of the serial number w/the arsenal stamp (on the rightof the #) and the series stamp (one the left of the number) I could tell you what arsenal manufactured it and what series it was. The arsenal appears, from what I can make out, to either be the Tokyo or the Kokura arsenals.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top