JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my father in-law saw my Mosin and thought I might have an interest in this rifle. I have found info on the manufacturer describing it as a sedish mauser. One question I have is if the barrel has been modified? This gun belonged to my father in-laws brother who served in vietnam and passed away over 15 years ago. no import marks so i don't know if he brought it back from vietnam? any info from those with more experience would be appreciated.

mauser1.jpg

mauser2.jpg

Thanks for the reply. If they made a rifle in this configuration I believe it is original, didn't know if original was a possibility. If it was modified they concealed it well. Anyway the fact that you mentioned a factory sporter helps out.

I know some of the Mauser factories did factory sporters between the wars. I think Erfurt, Danzig, and Oberndorf come to mind. I don't know if the Gustaf factory did, but it's at least possible. The grip area of the stock is similar to factory military stock. The best book on Mausers is "Mauser Bolt Rifles" by Ludwig Olson. Its harder to find, but its by far and away the best reference for the variations of the Mauser rifles...

It's a swedish mauser 6.5x55. Looks like a carbine as they had the full length mannlicher stock. What's the barrel length? If it's right around 16" it's a carbine (known as the m94). It is not a complete rifle it is missing the wood heat sheild and the stock (if original) should have a finger goove forend it's hard to tell in the pictures. As well as a sling mount on the side of the butt end of the stock and usually a rifle inspection plate just forward of the sling mount. It's a nice rifle either way just not as valuable as one in it's original configuration.

It's a swedish mauser 6.5x55. Looks like a carbine as they had the full length mannlicher stock. What's the barrel length? If it's right around 16" it's a carbine (known as the m94). It is not a complete rifle it is missing the wood heat sheild and the stock (if original) should have a finger goove forend it's hard to tell in the pictures. As well as a sling mount on the side of the butt end of the stock and usually a rifle inspection plate just forward of the sling mount. It's a nice rifle either way just not as valuable as one in it's original configuration.

What he said. I had never bothered googling a swedish carbine. Bolt looks like the correct bend for a carbine thought...

Interesting look. Most of the Mauser's I get are neked actions...

The rifle inspection plate is missing and the sling mounts have been filled. There are shallow finger grooves near the rear sight. I'll have to take a closer look at the fore end of the stock to see if it looks like there was an upper originally mated to it. My father in-law's brother refinished the stock years ago and filled the sling mounts. As for value, not really a big deal since I won't be selling it anyway just wanted to know more about it. I really appreciate the input from you guys.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top