Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Help with hunting location

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by MarkSBG, Oct 13, 2009.

1. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Hey all,

Many years ago, I rifle hunted for deer with my father around Oregon, but after he died, I switched to bow hunting since that is what the people I know were doing. This year I picked up a deer rifle tag and hunted on a friends property, but was unsuccessful.

Here I have this tag and no good places to go. I would like to find a place where I could go for a single day and have a reasonable chance of seeing something. I don't have a 4x4 rig or anything like that, but I was hoping someone could point me towards some good places for deer hunting. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I don't mind a good hike.

Thanks!

2. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

Hey Mark why not hunt where you were bow hunting ?

3. MarkSBG

No rifle hunting allowed where I have bow hunted in the past. No shotgun either...

4. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

I am assuming you purchased a general season cascade buck tag? Or did you get a coastal?

5. MarkSBG

I bought a "Western Deer Rifle Tag" that I thought was good for both the cascade and the coastal regions. Is that not right?

Any help is appreciated...

6. smithmax

smithmax here Member

It should be good for both regions (although Cascade deer hunting is closed this week).

7. smithmax

smithmax here Member

Pg 47 of the big game reg's

8. numbnutz

numbnutz molalla Active Member

Hey mark- did you find a place to hunt? If not you might try the molalla river corridor or up sawtell road