JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
12 Noon on Sunday, April 11th,
a few of us are meeting at the Arrowhead pit, in the Yacolt Burn State Forest just East of Brush Prairie, to spray paint cover all that ugly graffiti on the rocks that line the road in front of the shooting pit. It should take a couple of hours and we can get on to a group pew pew.

After painting, we'll cover the rocks with an Anti-Graffiti coating that will make future tagging easy to clean off without having to repaint.

Any an all who would like to join us will be more than welcome. While we're at it, if we have several volunteers, we'll clean up the roadway and parking area in front of the pit. Not going to worry about the mess in the pit because we're having a big forest wide cleanup, with multiple recreation groups, on April 24th (just after Earth Day). It's called Pick Up The Burn and I'll be calling for volunteers for that later.

Event details with map link are here: https://www.trashnoland.org/event/yacolt-burn-state-forest-wa-graffiti-cover-at-arrowhead-pit/

12-25-20 9.jpg 12-25-20 10.jpg 12-25-20 11.jpg

How 'bout we use this so we don't see the rocks at all!

Camo Paint.jpg

I got these to test paint a rock at home and see if it can be done to look like a rock. The grey paint looks too pale for rocks. Might also try tan & brown shades.

Dang, every time one of these gets set near me I am working. And this will be the first Sunday I've worked in over a year!

Good luck, I hope you have a horde of helpers and thanks for all you do Bill!

Dang, every time one of these gets set near me I am working. And this will be the first Sunday I've worked in over a year!

Good luck, I hope you have a horde of helpers and thanks for all you do Bill!
Thanks, DLS! Where we need the horde of helpers is on the 24th. That is to be the big "Pick Up The Burn" event where all recreational users join forces to clean up the whole Larch Mtn area. This year, DNR is putting drop boxes at Jones Creek Trailhead and 1 near the Arrowhead Pit. Some people will head for the trailhead area location and some will go to the other area. No large safety meeting or gathering at any one location, just check in and go do some cleanup for half a day. They are not planning on the usual big BBQ or prizes either. Still, it will be a well worth while event and we should be able to get that whole area in great shape for Spring & Summer.

I'm hoping to set up a shooting rep at each location and lead some volunteers up the roads to each target shooting site.

The graffiti cover up project, this weekend, doesn't need a lot of people, but would be best to have 4-6 if we could. Still, @WrenchNguns and I have done it ourselves in one day before.

I'm sure we'll connect at some time this spring or summer! Thanks!
Bill

Gary, ( @WrenchNguns ) and I, are going to change this up a notch. Instead of covering the graffiti with another layer of paint, we're going to remove all layers completely!

We'll use an environmentally safe graffiti remover product to break up the paint and then pressure wash the rocks clean. After they dry, we'll apply an Anti-Graffiti Blok to prevent future tagging and embedding new paint into the rock. This plan will make it easier to wash off any new paint in the future (which is notorious for happening over and over again at this spot).

The forest agency, as well as all environmentally concerned people, would rather the paint be removed than covered up with more paint. Me too! So that's what we'll do.

It will cost about a hundred dollars more than the paint can costs, but it will be worth it. Trash No Land will cover the cost, but donations to the general fund are welcomed.

I'll rent the equipment Sunday morning and meet everyone there by noon. Join us if you can.
Bill

Cancelled!!!
The graffiti wash project has been cancelled!

Due to the lack of a portable powered water pump, the washing project has been rescheduled to April 24th. I just learned today, we cannot simply depend on a gravity fed water supply into the pressure washer. The supply water needs to have pressure behind it and we will need a gas powered water pump between the tank and the washer. We can't find one before tomorrow morning, so, we've moved this project to the 24th.

On the 24th... It is the day of the big "Pick Up The Burn" event where all recreational users of the Yacolt Burn State Forest join together to clean up the forest in one day. So really, our graffiti cleaning project is perfect to compliment Pick Up The Burn.

Details about this year's Pick Up The Burn is on the Trash No Land events calendar:

https://www.trashnoland.org/event/pick-up-the-burn-yacolt-burn-state-forest-wa/

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads