JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I bought this 1911 from an old timer a while back. He said it is a national match version. I did some research and the serial is C184xxx so from the reading I have been doing it was manufactured in 1934 which is really cool that its that old! I have taken it out and shot it a number of times sense I got it and it still works perfect! The grips are obviously not stock from my understanding. Does this look like a match grade pistol? If so what are the dead giveaways? Also how would you all rate the condition of the gun? Thanks!

1911-1.jpg
1911-2.jpg

I believe the "National Match" would be stamped on the slide. Also, the National Match pistols, if I am recalling correctly, have an adjustable rear sight.

My book says year of manufacture 1937. If it were a National Match it
would be stamped "NATIONAL MATCH" on the right side of the slide,
below the ejection port. It MAY be a accurized gun, that was shot
in matches--the "custom" grips and stippled front strap kind of
suggest that.

FWIW, most first model National Match guns left the factory with fixed
sights.

Nice old Colt you have there. You might want to replace the recoil
spring. If it was shot in bullseye matches, it may have been used
with "softball" loads, and have a 10 lb or so recoil spring in it. Full
power loads will beat up the gun.

If it were mine, I would replace the grips with a nice set of checkered
wood, and shoot the heck out of it.

Do you think it has any value outside of being a cool 1911? Yea I am going to get some checkered grips on it! Yea it must be accurized because he was talking about he had some guy go through it and make everything so it would shoot more accurate.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top