JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have 2 80% lowers that i have lying around and would like to get them completed so I can do both builds. One is for an ar-15, the other is for a .308. I live in Central Oregon and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on where I can take them so I can complete them. Thank you for your input.

Shane

You have to complete them yourself, nobody can do it for you. Look into some jigs, most are designed to be completed with a drill press.

I am aware that i have to complete them. I have heard in passing of a few people that have a set up around here that you can bring your lowers to and you can complete them. I just dont remember who.

Shane

Plenty of people who rent/loan out tooling for completing AKs - don't currently know of anyone who has a CNC setup with the cad/cam files to do the job with a few pushes of the "go" button. Depending on which form of 80% you have some can be easily completed on a manual mill - the ones that need the magwell cut out end up needing a few passes of a mill and some serious time hand filing the corners unless you happen to have access to an EDM cutter. The trick on the ones that need the trigger group area cut out and the pin holes done is getting everything lined up in the right place or you will be re-welding your mistake to try again or buying another receiver to start over on.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top