Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Help...wife wants a Glock 19. ( I don't understand it either)

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by cash$$cow, Nov 27, 2010.

1. cash$$cow

cash$$cow Eastern Wa Member

Well I have offered up most if the guns I have in hopes of her finding one she liked. So now I must part with one of mine to get her the one she wants

Which do I sell? They are all 9mm.

M&P compact. I have not shot it yet
    Taurus 24/7. Has NEVER been a problem child
    Kahr Has been my carry gun off and on the last 10 years.

2. BigBull 301

BigBull 301 PDX almost Well-Known Member

Taurus 24/7

3. eriknemily

eriknemily Tillamook County (Cheese!) Member

Ditch the Taurus. While I don't have a problem with Taurus I like the M&P (my personal carry gun) better. And if the Kahr has been one of your carry guns then I think that's an obvious keeper.

4. terrylf72

terrylf72 Portland, Oregon, United States Member

Glock is better then that Taurus! Yes Im a glock guy and have 4 of them. 17, 17L, 20 and 21. Although I dont have any thing against Kahr, you could try and talk her into a Springfield XD

5. phatdoughnut

phatdoughnut The Gorge Active Member

Why doesn't she like the M&p? or the kahr? I have a kahr, and im getting my wife a G26, and we are going to swap back and forth.

Oh another note, My wife loved shooting the Kahr. The first time not so much but she grew to liking it and wanted me to buy her one. But why have two of the samething?

Trlsmn and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

Taurus 24/7

Never trust you life on a Taurus. Ask any dealer how many they send back to the factory per month for repairs!

7. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

ditch the Taurus

8. cash$$cow

cash$$cow Eastern Wa Member

Not sure why is does not like the M&P. I switched out the grips and never got her to like it. I think it's the sights on the Kahr she does not like.

9. DN LuvsGuns

DN LuvsGuns Gainesville Florida New Member

has she tried a kimber ultra compact??

I had a tarus 40 cal for my wife and the kick was just to much for her.. I wanted her having something with lots of knock down and a 9mm wasn't enough IMO..

I got her a kimber ultra 2 compact in a 45 and it is great for her.. VERY low recoil and shots ture!! as true can be.. she loves it!!

just my 2 cents LOL

DN

10. mr11b

mr11b Portland, OR Member

Drop the Taurus, has she looked at a SIG P238? I love mine! Passing it on to the woman next summer and getting another one :thumbup:

11. Dell_dude

Dell_dude Vancouver, WA Member

Get her a Glock 19 and be grateful that she'll carry.

Mine refuses to carry at the moment, although I plan on getting a Glock 19 in case I can change her mind.

12. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd get rid of the Taurus.

My wife also likes shooting the G19 & is probably better with it than I am. I got a second one just in case she ever wants one for herself - easier than just giving her mine.

13. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

Taurus 24/7, glocks are amazing guns and very reliable and great for the price... I have a 27 and am getting a 23 once i decide to stop bein cheap and go pay off the one i have on layaway..

14. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

I like the Sig but I find that most women have a problem with the long reach to the trigger on Sigs, I had to swap to a short trigger on my Sig P229 and it's still not a comfortable fit.

15. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

Normally on the rest of of the sig line up I would have to agree, the P238 is just small. Almost an exact copy of the Colt Mustang.

16. DN LuvsGuns

DN LuvsGuns Gainesville Florida New Member

my wife also has the new sig 250 and loves it.. it comes in the 9 40 or 45 ...

nice choice...

my 229 is great but it is a little big for her

DN

17. Trlsmn

Ah OK!

18. Trlsmn

I hear you, I only carry mine if I'm headed into the woods and open carrying, it's just too big for concealed carry.

19. phatdoughnut

phatdoughnut The Gorge Active Member

My wife loves our G22 and loved shooting a G27... But I think the 27 is a bit thick so im getting her the G26....

Trlsmn and (deleted member) like this.
  20. CVMustang

CVMustang Hillsboro Member

My wifes gun is a Glock 19, she just beheaded a gopher in the backyard a few weeks ago with it. I gave her a choice of about a dozen different guns and the G19 was it and she loves it, she's good with it too.

On another note, what's with all the Taurus bashing, I currently have a Judge, TCP, 1911, 24/7 9MM and a Raging Bull 454 and I'm very pleased with all of them. I shoot alot, 2-3 days a week(I live out in the country) and I have 0 complaints regarding any of my Taurus products. I guess I've just had better luck than some???