JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I assembled my umpteenth lower tonight in about 45 minutes with time between parts letting my hands uncramp. Did 99% by memory. Had to refresh myself on the trigger spring orientation.

My only part I hate is the mag catch rollpin. Ugh, I loathe that task.
Yep.
That's a man-boy separator.

There's a Youtube video of a guy (boy) actually folding over the end of that roll pin.
Then he calls it good.
LOL

Everyone has their own way of installing that pin.
I use the "Brownell's Method" and add tape with a drill bit chaser.
I cringe when I see the "Plier Method", but whatever works (without collateral damage).

Yep.
That's a man-boy separator.

There's a Youtube video of a guy (boy) actually folding over the end of that roll pin.
Then he calls it good.
LOL

Everyone has their own way of installing that pin.
I use the "Brownell's Method" and add tape with a drill bit chaser.
I cringe when I see the "Plier Method", but whatever works (without collateral damage).

I pound it in with a rollpin punch, totally F up the anodized, and then rattle can the whole thing anyway.

so should i also use locktite?

Below is the text of the process per TM 9-1005-319-23&P, note there is no mention of Loctite.

1. Install helical spring (6) and buffer retainer (5) into lower receiver (2).

2. Lubricate threads of lower receiver (2) and lower receiver extension (4) with molybdenum disulfide
grease (WP 0045, item 18) before reassembly.

3. Install lower receiver extension (4) into lower receiver (2) while depressing buffer retainer.

4. Clamp solid portion of lower receiver (2) in a machinist's vise using vise jaws. Grip solid
portion of lower receiver with vise jaws which conform to the shape of lower receiver in this area.

5. Using combination wrench (7) (WP 0039, Figure 23, item 10) and torque wrench (16), torque
lower receiver extension (4) to 35 to 39 ft-lb (47.25 to 52.65 N-m). Torque is read when both
wrenches are used together.

6. Lubricate threads of lower receiver (2) and lower receiver extension (8) with molybdenum
disulfide grease (WP 0045, item 18) before reassembly.

7. Place helical spring (12) and buffer retainer (11) into retaining hole of lower receiver (2).
Screw round plain nut (9) onto lower receiver extension (8) with three notches on round plain nut
facing forward.

8. Align receiver end plate (10) onto lower receiver extension (8) with lug of receiver end
plate facing forward.

9. Place takedown pin (13), headless straight pin (14), and helical spring (15) in lower
receiver assembly (2).

10. Push down on buffer retainer (11) and helical spring (12) and, at the same time, screw lower
receiver extension (8) in until it retains buffer retainer in position.

11. Align lug of receiver end plate (10) into rear of lower receiver (2). Screw round plain nut (9) forward until it contacts receiver end plate.

12. Using spanner wrench (WP 0039, figure 23, item 13), tighten round plain nut (9) until snug.

13. Using spanner wrench and torque wrench, torque round plain nut (9) to 38 to 42 ft-lb (51.53
to 56.95 N-m).

14. Stake receiver end plate (10) in two places across from notches in round plain nut (9).

15. Install trigger guard (3) into lower receiver (2).

16. Install spring pin (1) using 1/8 in. drive pin punch and hammer.

END OF TASK

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads