JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's not just weather that could burn recreational shooters

While the Seattle Times is talking about the continuing heat wave this weekend, there's a storm brewing on the horizon for recreational shooters at a popular southeast King County shooting spot, and slobs with guns are a big part of the problem.

<broken link removed>

It's not just weather that could burn recreational shooters

While the Seattle Times is talking about the continuing heat wave this weekend, there's a storm brewing on the horizon for recreational shooters at a popular southeast King County shooting spot, and slobs with guns are a big part of the problem.

<broken link removed>
WE have the same problem over in rural eastern Oregon. It ia a full time job keeping our local range clean.
Most cannot get past the cable ~which keeps the big stuff from getting in ~ but they still leave whatever the have used for targets. Try to go out every week or two and pick up what ever. But it has to be done on a regular basis. TRASH BREEDS TRASH !!!!!!!

Start putting cameras and nail the SOB's to the wall.

The ones doing it are repeat offenders. They make a habit of going out and destroying.

I'm all for drastic measures to catch the SOB's.

My friends and I typically haul out one or two trash bags full of crap each time we go out. We are going to lose access to the forest for shooting one of these days if all this dumping doesn't stop. It may be fun to shoot an old TV or propane bottle but for goodness sake pick up the crap!!!!

It might be fun, but the forest is not the place for it.
If "camp hosting"is any indication of "slobs". WE found the "hunters/sportsman were the biggest slobs and left the most mess in camp grounds. Four years of camp hosting proved this fact. THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE!!
But too busy being "MACHO"

I thought this would be about a dress code.

roger_moore_zpsua27xqkh.jpg

This problem will never go away. Trash begets trash. Look in any big city. The closer you are to trash, the more trash you get. My spot is fairly clean, and the cleanliness is proportional to the density of trash, primarily concentrated in metroplexes. I really have to trust you before I share the location with you. Secrecy is the only thing I have that I have any control over.

The solution is to make folks pay, which offsets the trash density. That opens up a lot of liability issues, which counties like liberal King doesn't want to even ponder. I think they like it as a form of gun control.

Illegal and unsafe target shooting on public lands has a much larger negative impact on gun owners than many imagine. A lot of "fence sitters" enjoy hiking and the outdoors and what they see turns them off. I've even encountered it myself hiking on a trail that target shooters were firing in the direction of and we've all seen the aftermath of blown away trees and trash left behind.

One thing we can all do is pick up after ourselves and leave the place cleaner than we found it and shoot in appropriate safe locations. We need to work hard at stopping the people that don't. The irony behind losing our gun rights to shoot on public lands, as opposed to more traditional political gun control laws, is when we lose access to shoot on public lands its because of our own actions. Sad.

If it wasn't there when you got there then it shouldn't be there when you leave. Apparently the forests are now also a good place to dump you garbage and old furniture and appliances that you don't want anymore, see that a lot now too. All of these things are already affecting access and yet these idiots continue to shoot themselves in the foot, (Pun intended) with these actions. Also, the term slob hunter is a oxymoron and they shouldn't be used together at all, as these people are not hunters and have no hunting ethics whatsoever. So I think we need to come up with a title for these folks to disassociate them completely from firearms and hunting. Here's one to start: "PYGYS" or (piggys) as in (Pack Your Garbage You Slobs). JMHO

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top