JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While I was busy living under my happy little rock, I see were in another ammo shortage again. I don't have time to set up my station or do the load development right now.

I'm looking for these three specific cartridges and brands:

300 win mag Nosler Trophy Grade 180grn NAB
.30-'06 Nosler Trophy Grade 180grn NAB
44 Mag Hornady LeverEvolution 240gr

If you know anywhere that has these in stock, please let me know! I'm just outside of Salem, and would travel a reasonable distance to get my hands on some or if you see some and pick them up yourself I'd buy them off you and include a finder's fee...

Get out from under your rock and use the internet.
Your first item shows as available at Midway.

Second item has many acceptable substitutes, all available
Third item has a dang close substitute, and the deer won't know the 15gr difference.

You know the old saying about beggars and choosers.

Last Edited:
1602164348029.png
They were out of stock yesterday, I'm wondering if because they're "overdue" if the listed auto populates or something expecting them to be in.
'06 is very particular in what it likes. It like that and that's what I've been running with since I floated the barrel, old ammo it used to like doesn't shoot any more that's why I listed it
Yes the hornady I was wrong in my OP on the grains. They were out of it last time I looked too...
thanks
Get out from under your rock and use the internet.
Your first item shows as available at Midway.

Second item has many acceptable substitutes, all available
Third item has a dang close substitute, and the deer won't know the 15gr difference.

You know the old saying about beggars and choosers.

I have been cruising ammo web sights just to see what ammo is left out there for giggles and 300 Win Mag pops up a lot. That and .17HMR.

it's getting spendy. Good luck. :)

The more esoteric/less popular ammo can be found (lending credibility to the theory that if SHTF this would be the case, but I don't think so; there is a difference between retail supply and SHTF barter - in the latter case it will be the more popular ammo that will be more available and the former that you have to search high and low for).

I have also observed that it seems that it is the top of the popularity list that is much harder to find and is much more expensive than the next step down; e.g., 9mm vs .40 S&W - the latter seems to be available and not near as expensive compared to pre-pandemic prices, so .44 magnum shouldn't be too hard to find or too painful to purchase. IMO

Be patient, shop around - the difference in prices can be astounding, and stay off the auction sites (GB, et. al.) as prices are sky high there - a fool and his money are soon parted and they seem to spend a lot of time on the auction sites.

Last Edited:
I used ammoseek.com and didn't find the 300WM rounds you want... others yes... they have some ballistic tip and some silvertip Winchester is what I searched for... there may be other brands.

Yeah, prices are crazy ammoseek has steel case 9mm at $29.99 $0.60/rd that I could have bought earlier for $7.99 a box. Thankfully I still have some Xtreme bullets and boxes of primers.

Looks like you are going elk hunting.... why not taking the time to set up your reloading???

Locally anything that will fit in an AR platform is gone. The only normal calibers on the shelf are 9mm tracer rounds and some 6.5 Creed at over $1.50 per round.

Even some obscure calibers have been heavily picked over.

Locally tried to pick up a box of federal fusion MSR 62gr.. that was a giggle, so i figured id just grab a box of leverevolution 30-30.... no such luck.
Im seriously considering getting a 7 mag. Seems that and 270 are all thats in stock

For the AR-15 aficionados out there don't forget the CMMG 22LR conversion kits. When Primary Arms has them in stock (like right now) the 3 20 round mag kit runs $200. Brownells seems to usually have them in stock, but run $230 instead.

Sounds high until you realize every trigger pull of most factory ammo is starting to cost 60 cents and above to replace. Cost differential between 22LR and 5.56 then is 50 cents, so after a brick of 22LR or so it has paid for itself.

Now you can train or plink without worrying about your 5.56 stash. It's also a great way to augment if things go south and you are short 5.56 you can switch to 22LR. Also turns your AR into a squirrel getter if the food supply chain breaks down.

Works in impingement AR's by simply swapping out the BCG. Works in some piston systems if the op rod can be removed.

1603323274946.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads