JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a tactical spear. I will be getting a fishing spear tip for it. I will youtube my butt falling in the water when I miss
No, spearfishing.. in the water. I used to live on Oahu.
You might be able to have a bangstick for when sharks might try to eat you though.

Train those centipedes to latch onto the fish as do a slow retrieve.;)

I hate those things. thick as my thumb and as long as my forearm. We had power out last night and I went out to my generator and almost stepped on one barefoot. Smashed it with a 10 gallon fuel can and ripped it in half and it still was crawling toward me. I miss my VEPR 12. I would have unloaded a 12 round magazine into that thing if I had it.

Not that you need another expensive hobby buuuut...

Learn to fly fish. Bait becomes a non issue. A 9 foot long #8, 9, or 10 would be the ticket. Good saltwater reel. Learning to cast a fly should not be much more difficult than learning how to use a surf rod at this point. No thrill in fishing like battling a bruiser on a fly rod.

bbbass and mkwerx have set you up...
However, I recommend jetty fishing, or at least fishing somewhere near the mouth of a bay.
Look for gravel bars and kelp fields in a bay. Also large rocks with current, large as in bigger than your house and current that gets your heart rate up (I never said it was safe, just good fishing).
Rivers tend to wash a whole bafet into the estuaries which attracts too many species to list.
My buddy caught a monkey face prickle back once... not even kidding.

Im in Hawaii now. No bait stores near by but definitely have shrimp at the supermarket. No beaches near me for sand fleas though I do have foot long centipedes that I would happily throw in the water to die.

Thanks guys. good stuff for me to look into

While on Oahu some 5-7 years ago on the Southwest shore we saw many bankies fishing off the rocks with lonnnggggg rods. Seems that we never really had time to stop & chat. Since we were Howlies we were probably smart to not stop & ask questions from the locals who hate tourists.....
Less than 6 hours on the island I landed a 100+ blue marlin on a charter boat.....:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top