JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Oregon State University Pistol Team was founded in 1948. Since its founding it has become one of the largest student run sport clubs OSU has to offer under the Department of Recreational Sports. The Pistol and Rifle clubs are separate but we share the same facility.

Oregon State University is the only university in Oregon to have a competitive shooting team, let alone multiple teams, and a firing range of their own. These teams compete on a regular basis with huge success year after year. The training of students, faculty, and staff in basic marksmanship, fundamentals of firearm handling and safety, and responsible firearms use has resulted in a perfect safety record, as well as growing membership year after year.

For the first tine since 1948 the Oregon State Pistol might have to close its doors. When I first started in 2010 we would make bi-monthly trips to the local Bi-Mart and grab what ammo was needed. Ammo was not restricted and was not a worry. Today, the club has to limit ammo to one box of 50/night and we currently have enough ammo to last for the remaining of this term at this rate. In addition, the very popular Mother and father day fund raising events had to be cancelled due to limited ammo availability.

This club made me the shooter and enthusiast that I am today and I want to do what I can to keep it alive. We are not looking for hand outs but we are looking to purchase a few cases of .22lr at reasonable rates. If you are able or know someone who is able to sell a case please start a conversation with me.

Thanks,

Chris

Oregon State Pistol Club Treasurer 2012-2013
Oregon State Pistol Team Member 2010-2015

This is sad to hear. As a student who wasn't a shooter this is where my roommate taught me how to shoot pistols. We spent many an evening there using their Mark II's. I got so into it my family, who is not a gun family, would buy me boxes of .22LR to take back to school on my weekends home. These are the people we need to support right now. So often times the University System is seen as a breeding ground for the next generation of Democrats to take away the second amendment. Here is an organization actively fighting that. Please support them if you can, it is worth it.

Good luck on the search and all I can say is keep a lookout on the ammo search sites. I know finding a case might be hard but they are out there.

Chris,
I have the name and number of a person at Bi-Mart that should be able to help you out. I'll pm it to you.

Gary

The Oregon State University Pistol Team was founded in 1948. Since its founding it has become one of the largest student run sport clubs OSU has to offer under the Department of Recreational Sports. The Pistol and Rifle clubs are separate but we share the same facility.

Oregon State University is the only university in Oregon to have a competitive shooting team, let alone multiple teams, and a firing range of their own. These teams compete on a regular basis with huge success year after year. The training of students, faculty, and staff in basic marksmanship, fundamentals of firearm handling and safety, and responsible firearms use has resulted in a perfect safety record, as well as growing membership year after year.

For the first tine since 1948 the Oregon State Pistol might have to close its doors. When I first started in 2010 we would make bi-monthly trips to the local Bi-Mart and grab what ammo was needed. Ammo was not restricted and was not a worry. Today, the club has to limit ammo to one box of 50/night and we currently have enough ammo to last for the remaining of this term at this rate. In addition, the very popular Mother and father day fund raising events had to be cancelled due to limited ammo availability.

This club made me the shooter and enthusiast that I am today and I want to do what I can to keep it alive. We are not looking for hand outs but we are looking to purchase a few cases of .22lr at reasonable rates. If you are able or know someone who is able to sell a case please start a conversation with me.

Thanks,

Chris

Oregon State Pistol Club Treasurer 2012-2013
Oregon State Pistol Team Member 2010-2015

Are your needs brand-specific or is everything of use??
Not necessarily brand specific, however we are mainly looking for cheaper plinkng ammo that can be used to train new users. We don't have a need for expensive target .22 like eley prime or other expensive stuff.

Thanks for the support nwfa.

I would urge you to contact Cabella's. They have a huge supply pipeline and tend to be very supportive of this kind of thing. I know when things were tight and I was fearful of being unable to hold classes, they held out about 800 rounds for me with no hassle.

T A special thanks to Rem725 and Del-and-Bones! We are still looking for about 4 more cases to keep the club open for the rest of this year.

In the past we have contacted large suppliers and have thus far been out of luck.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top