JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need some help on my mini. This one is probably from the 80's so its not a new model. It has a broken gas block so it has been sitting for a couple of years and it doesnt get much action. What Im wanting to do is make a target shooter out of it without braking the bank. I want to put a new adjustable gas block and a new barrel on it for accuracy. The reason for adjustable gas block is you would have to send the rifle in otherwise and I want to be able to fit it with the newer barrel. Ive been looking at some sites for these things but I dont know much about accuracy in barrels and such (length, size, and twist). Im also going to throw a houge stock on for good feel and looks. This thing will have a scope and a bipod and thats pretty much it. Any help would be much appreciated. As for you AR lovers who want to use this thread to bash the mini, please dont. I have a Bushmaster and I love it! I just want to give this old girl a new set of shoes and get her on the dance floor too. Heres a link to the place I was looking at for parts. Thanks for the help.

http://www.ruger-mini-14-firearms.com/mini_14_30_accessories.php

I like the fluted barrel with the satin grey finish-11th pic down

DS,
Logon to Perfect Union.com and look at the Mini 14 section there. There is a wealth of info there. Check it out BEFORE you order parts. My mini was very inaccurate, 8" groups at 100 yards. Now it's sub MOA with the mods I made.