Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Help on primers?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Brandon44647, May 7, 2009.

1. Brandon44647

Brandon44647 Portland Member

Need a little help here, I'm new to the world of reloading & as we all know stuff is hard to find right now. However i have found some primers for $6 per 100 ct, Pass or jump on it ??? Thinking I just might wait til the gun show next weekend & see what i can find there, if anything.

2. rodell

rodell Newcastle, WA Active Member

At the Puyallup WAC show, they were running $35-$40 / 1,000, although a few people were trying to get $60. I personally wouldn't pay the price you are quoting unless I was desperate. Get on the backorder list and, in a month, you'll have what you want.

Of course, some primers are more pricey than others.

Bob

3. toys

toys PDX Member

iirc the last expo GS, the primers were selling for 8/100+ one guy was even selling for 2x that.

if you juast want to use the 100 to cut your teeth on reloading, then i woiuld go for it. its not like youre going to go in the poor house buying 100.

but i wouldnt make a habbit of it tho.

4. Brandon44647

Brandon44647 Portland Member

Thanks for the feed back & your opinion, greatly appreciated. I think i'm just gonna hold off and try the gun show next weekend (along w/55,972 other people looking for the same thing) :( and see if i can come up with something......

5. bignate

bignate Oregon Member

Just bought some at bi mart today for 30 and 35 bucks depending on if they were mag or standard. Hang in there they are showing up again.

nate