JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After re-reading RCW... .050 & .....060 because my girlfriend is starting to target practice but does not have her CPL yet - I am a bit confused. RCW 9.41.060 in part says

The provisions of RCW 9.41.050 shall not apply to:
(6) Regularly enrolled members of clubs organized for the purpose of target shooting, when those members are at or are going to or from their places of target practice;

Is it me or does this basically say that if someone is driving to or back from a gun range (as a member) they can conceal carry without a CPL? That would be a loaded concealed weapon walked to and from the car, driving and so on.

Thanks for feedback.

I believe it does. It also says the same thing for anyone going to and from and participating in any lawful outdoor activity such as hiking etc.:s0155:

That being said, I think the chances of the police knowing this particular RCW are slim. It is much easier for them to tell that your CPL allows you to CCW than to memorize the law. While many of us know the RCWs that deal with CCW and guns pretty well the police are responsible for a whole lot more than just the RCWs about guns. It seems strange but regarding guns you probably know the law a lot better than most police.

I think if she is going to carry according to RCW 9.41.060 then she needs to weigh the chances of getting pulled over or otherwise stopped, have printed copies of the applicable RCWs and be ready for some hassle if the police are not familiar with the RCWs in question. Good luck.

The law is very general and is always open to LEOs and a judges perceotion of the law.
Which is why were losing rights left and right.
The law does say even without a CHL you can lawfully carry a weapon open carry if you are coming or going to a lawful outdoor activity, ie, hunting, fishing, target shooting, etc.
What they want to prevent is people leaving weapons in the car for other people to steal.

Also sets you up to be harassed and have the cops called on you. Which if you have hunting/fishing/target gear in your car can make it easier for you to explain.
Either way you have the ability to open carry without a CHL. It just makes it easier for the harassment. But I would rather get harassed or stopped then hav nobody care there's a guy as shady looking as me walking around with a gun,.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top