JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hi fellas & ladies!! just picked up my( win 97 12ga) today,this shotgun is new to me but it is not (new) it is the replacement of one that was stollen a few years ago.it was over 50 yrs old when grandpa give it to me and that was in 1960 it is 2 3/4 only, i have m/s and i need a shell that is going to be easy on my hands,not worried about my shoulder, as in the past few years i have had to learn how to use my shoulders better, mostly just (fun) shooting clays with my son,and grandson,mite even try some bird over by BURNS,a couple pointers would help,thanks ,rusobr2 (steven r)

Any 2-3/4" #8 bird shot should be fine. It's a shoulder fired gun so very little recoil should go through your hands. Pull it in tight against your shoulder and you will be fine.

PS: That is one **** of a long run on sentence, periods are your friend.

Try a 1 oz or 7/8 oz of shot load. If you look you can find some reduced recoil shells out there. #8 shot shot size doesn't make a gun kick harder it's the ounces of shot that make a gun kick. Good Luck

Jack

My Dad shoots either Eley's or Polywad's through his LC Smith. The Polywad's are kind of expensive for high volume clays. The Eley's were under $7 a box the last time I ordered them, but that was almost three years ago.

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Most field and Clay loads have a "Dram EQ" listed on the box.
a dram weighs 27.344 grains and refers to Black Powder rather than Gun Powder for comparison. A 2 1/2 Dram EQ shell has 16&#37; less energy than a 3 dram EQ shell.

Felt recoil is affected by this value.

Lighter loads (7/8 oz) and Recoil reducing Pads will also help.

Listen to Cougfan 2.

this is what i'm talking about!! now if i just email this entire thread to my wife, i should end up with about 10 boxes of shells, give or take a few, i had no idea that all this made that much difference,i'm going to bi mart in the morning ,then off to the OCHOCO'S for some skeet pie,thanks fella's i do appreciate everything,rusobr2(STEVEN)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top