JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
-YOUR HELP IS NEEDED-
.........In the Forest!...........

Clubs, groups, agencies and organizations have cancelled and/or delayed their regular spring cleanup events in the forests, as they participate in doing their part to help lessen the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus. Trash No Land has also done the same.

This means the existing trash will remain in the forest for quite some time if no one comes to the rescue.

As the forest is a virus free environment and recreation is a perfect stress reliever, we expect public visitation to the forest will increase this spring as families seek to break the monotony of being cooped up at home. Your help to remove trash from our public land forests is greatly needed and very much appreciated by all.

Here's how you can help, have fun, do good and still maintain social distancing;

• Pick your favorite forest.
• Plan for a day of adventure to do something good with the whole family.
• Take trash bags, gloves, pickers and pack a lunch.
• Find and remove trash from your forest.
• Take photos of your stewardship deeds and adventure.
• Gladly pay for the disposal of your trash and consider it your donation for the benefit of a healthy forest.
• Send photos to Trash No Land and tell us what forest you were in: [email protected] or post to the comments below.
• Trash No Land will then forward your photos and good deeds to the forest officials and to our social media.

Commit Random Acts Of Cleanups! Everyone will appreciate your contribution! The forest will too!

#RandomActsOfCleanups, #StewardshipKeepsItOpen, #TrashNoLand

Thanks all,

Bill

Random Acts Of Cleanups.jpg

1 other helpful item and you would have to check with your local forest patrol. I have found that BLM, Forest Service or County is willing to pick up the bags especially if you clean an area up. Just leave them nicely piled in an area. This could be very helpful to the metro area people that are so limited on their home garbage service by the garbage companies.

1 other helpful item and you would have to check with your local forest patrol. I have found that BLM, Forest Service or County is willing to pick up the bags especially if you clean an area up. Just leave them nicely piled in an area. This could be very helpful to the metro area people that are so limited on their home garbage service by the garbage companies.
I did that for the past 3-4 years in the forest behind me, but this year is different. My contact guy retired and we have a new Rec Mngr. I called to confirm that I can leave the bags by the road as normal and they don't like that idea for now. Good part is, they are rethinking the idea and trying to come up with a good way that we can dispose of trash from random cleanups.

So, if you can't cover the cost of disposal, I would say contact the forest agency to ask what you can do with the trash. The may already have a plan.

Bring a box too!.
I was in the Tillamook on Sunday.
  • Forgot trash bags -- could have filled at least four with the loose stuff there.
  • Could have filled a refrigerator box with the other targets left behind.
Brought out with me a single plastic grocery bag of trash and 1/2 case of shotgun clays.

Well lets kick off the fun and good deeds. Beautiful evening up on Marys Peak. Had to get out of the house and take a break from the work stuff. A couple of bags and part of an old TV. Best part is it all fit in my trash can and tomorrow is trash day. Picked up a pile of junk by the quarry gate. Amazingly someone left a fairly new half full propane cylinder.
20200319_174857.jpg
IMG_24771.jpg
IMG_24781.jpg IMG_24721.jpg
At the first area up just after you turn off the main road must have been visited by some college students. To bad they couldnt read the No Shooting sign on the tree. I am impressed though that college Calculus and music majors have fire arms though. Anyone want a text book.
IMG_24741.jpg
IMG_24751.jpg

Well lets kick off the fun and good deeds. Beautiful evening up on Marys Peak. Had to get out of the house and take a break from the work stuff. A couple of bags and part of an old TV. Best part is it all fit in my trash can and tomorrow is trash day. Picked up a pile of junk by the quarry gate. Amazingly someone left a fairly new half full propane cylinder.
View attachment 671867
View attachment 671868
View attachment 671869View attachment 671870
At the first area up just after you turn off the main road must have been visited by some college students. To bad they couldnt read the No Shooting sign on the tree. I am impressed though that college Calculus and music majors have fire arms though. Anyone want a text book.
View attachment 671873
View attachment 671875
Nice contribution, Rem! So, did you pay for the trash disposal or does the forest agency provide some help there? Siuslaw Nat forest or BLM?

I usually can squeeze about 2 bags a week into our community dumpster, here in WA, (depending on if no one else fills it with their extra storage trash). But I know typical disposal costs go up if there is extra in your normal trash can. So how does this pencil out for you?

The bags fit in my normal weekly trash can. I started getting the big can a couple of years ago for this type of stuff and extra yard debris. It was only about $10 a month more. $55 vs $75 every 2 months. Saves a lot of dump trips that way. We have awesome neighbors also. On garbage night, if your can isn't full it can be used by others.
The local FS agency says I can use their dumpster which really helps in the Spring, early Summer when it gets pretty trashy. Pretty much first name basis with some of them. BLM also has a campground on Hwy 22 out by Mill City that I can use but havent confirmed usage for this year yet. A little out of the way but love that area on the Noth Santiam. Last week it was a dump run but the neighbors helped fill the extra space in the truck bed and we split the cost. Total cost was $41.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top