JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
She wants thrive.
ORE5, several years ago I actually cooked a meal on my own, it was a fried spam & cheese sandwich. Cooked on one of those things you call a......I think a stove, not sure.....It could have been a 3 course meal, because it had spam, cheese, bread.......Ok, I don't know bubblegum about food, only if it taste good. But the bride she knows everything, so, I'm leaning towards your wife's decision. Your wife says
Thrive, my wife says Patriot which (=) Patriots Thrive. P.s Remember your wife decides if you can THRIVE, or NOT Thrive.....we wisely invest in several companies.

Just to be the rock in the beans:D I might buy freeze dried food because it's lite to carry if my plan of escape had lots of water along the escape route. Military quite useing freeze dried food due to constipation from not enough water. That isn't a battle an old guy like me wants during the apocolypse :D

Just to be the rock in the beans:D I might buy freeze dried food because it's lite to carry if my plan of escape had lots of water along the escape route. Military quite useing freeze dried food due to constipation from not enough water. That isn't a battle an old guy like me wants during the apocolypse :D

^^Agreed. Freeze dried food is really ideal only for hiking because of the weight (if you can refill your water supply). And it is expensive compared to alternatives.

Get some of both -- but more Thrive than MH if your goal is long term food storage. The advantage of MH is that it is a meal/entree that will be ready to eat after rehydration. MH does have a high sodium content, but it is also convenient to have meal that is just ready to go when you are not. The advantage of Thrive is that it is separate ingredients, so you can use them to make what meal/entree you imagine.

I do Mountain House and Emergency Essentials. in both cans and MRE,S.

If you want really good stuff get the XMRE'S, cost a little more but will worth it.

This is what CD and cities stock up on.

Get some of both -- but more Thrive than MH if your goal is long term food storage. The advantage of MH is that it is a meal/entree that will be ready to eat after rehydration. MH does have a high sodium content, but it is also convenient to have meal that is just ready to go when you are not. The advantage of Thrive is that it is separate ingredients, so you can use them to make what meal/entree you imagine.

MH has separate ingredients also. Ground beef, chunks of chicken, cheese. I have never tried Thrive. Only MH and Emergency Essentials brand. Both of which are tasty.

As one that was 85% happy w/ the old C-Rats, disappointed by the MREs, non~pulsed w/FD
I tend to go w/ canned goods. Cheaper than any of the above, reasonable shelf life, easy to rotate and versatile to make a dinner out-of. One can veg, one can protein, add rice/beans/spuds + hot sauce and your sitting pretty!:)
As they say; Hunger is the greatest Spice!

MH has separate ingredients also. Ground beef, chunks of chicken, cheese. I have never tried Thrive. Only MH and Emergency Essentials brand. Both of which are tasty.

Yes, but MH only has a small number of separate ingredients, whereas Thrive has a veritable cornucopia of separate ingredients. We've used MH, Emergency Essentials and Thrive. They are all good.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top