JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I haven't been hunting in way too many years. But hoorah, I got invited to deer camp in Eastern Washington this year. So I'm pulling out and going through all my gear, and discovered the vibram soles on my hunting boots are a crumbling, useless mess. Does anyone know of someone who can resole my boots ricky tick in the Kitsap/Pierce county area? Or am I gonna have to buy new boots?

Thanks!

I had the same problem with an extra pair of Sears work shoes. When I took them back the salesman said, "Well, you have to wear them. You can't just leave them sit in the closet." I have been buying the same type of shoe for years. Now the soles are crumbling apart because I'm not wearing them? SHESH.... Give me a break. Needless to say, I don't buy them any more.

had a pair of danners my dad gave me to wear when i was broke and just starting a new job. he wore them for 15 years before giving them to me. i wore them for a 6 months until i bought some georgias after saving up...then i gave the danners my dad gave me to my brother when he was broke and just started a new job. he wore them for 2 years before giving them back to my dad...who still wears them.

dont make'm like they used to

I have a beloved pair of doc martins I was going to have resoled, just couldn't find anyone. Being a cobbler isn't a
career choice anymore. I picked up a pair of Corcoran boots for $148, side zippers and vibram soles.
made in the USA
keeping the old Docs, after 20 years still wearable, but the soles are a bit smooth.

This time of yr Danner is 3-4 months behind because everyone else is doing the same thing. I had the same dilemma 6-7 yrs ago. But they warranted mine out because of the leather stitching issue my 200.00 investment 20 yrs ago now costs about 500.00 I believe they are Danner Alaskans best boot I've ever owned.
Stacy

buy a new pair. soak them in water for 10 min, but on dual pair of socks, wear them for 10 hrs changing the socks every 3 hours.

break in my goretex lined mil boots nicely and they are cheap online

break in my goretex lined mil boots nicely and they are cheap online

It depends on where he is going, but E. WA and W. WA changes my tolerances for a boot. When I wore issued combat boots in W. WA, they were great. Tall enough to keep water from going over the top, and wasn't so consistently steep that my toes didn't get jammed going downhill and my heels didn't get rubbed raw going uphill.

Where I hunted in E. WA, it was more like Afghanistan and combat boots were horrible. I finally went to more of a hard-scrabble hiker and my feet thanked me for it. But, in some places in E. WA, its not so extreme.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top