JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently pickup an AK in trade! I believe it is a century arms c39 ak v1 classic didn't come with a manual. I would like to replace the stock with a collapsible triangle/skeleton stock and hopefully replace the handguard but I'm not sure where to start. If anybody knows any gun smiths that are good AK's that might me able to help me out or general information It would be appreciated! E1D632BD-B382-4B22-BCDC-7E6A9EAB621D.png 2D50777C-A096-4693-9249-E8196A1B21A0.png 2AED5065-5A1A-4A47-9F14-EBFCC970F4F4.jpeg 77D08843-ED32-4A62-B3E5-2F18753CB7AD.png 6FBA9143-3C06-4CBB-960B-F7575755B298.png 0A628D0B-C358-4E0E-9212-DEC927AF4B50.png

I recently pickup an AK in trade! I believe it is a century arms c39 ak v1 classic didn't come with a manual. I would like to replace the stock with a collapsible triangle/skeleton stock and hopefully replace the handguard but I'm not sure where to start. If anybody knows any gun smiths that are good AK's that might me able to help me out or general information It would be appreciated! View attachment 1007833View attachment 1007834View attachment 1007835View attachment 1007836View attachment 1007837View attachment 1007839
I would make sure that it runs OK and that you're happy with it first, before sinking any money into it.
It is one of the least liked AK's being sold in the US and that may be why it was up for trade bait.
Let's hope you got a good one.

ETA:
You have a milled receiver vs a stamped receiver.
That makes a difference when ordering some components.

Last Edited:
You should be able to replace the handguard and stock. If you want a bomber folding stock, check out the Bonesteel offering here:https://bonesteelarms.com/Galil-Style-Folding-Stock-FS-GL.htm
Like the previous poster said, I'd run some rounds thru it first and make sure it runs well. There aren't many smiths in the area who work on Aks. If it's just the stock and hand guard you want to replace, thats' easy enough to do at home.

You should be able to replace the handguard and stock. If you want a bomber folding stock, check out the Bonesteel offering here:https://bonesteelarms.com/Galil-Style-Folding-Stock-FS-GL.htm
Like the previous poster said, I'd run some rounds thru it first and make sure it runs well. There aren't many smiths in the area who work on Aks. If it's just the stock and hand guard you want to replace, thats' easy enough to do at home.
Thanks for the recommendation!

A foldable triangle stock will require removal of the rear trunion and also cutting a slot in the LH side of the receiver for the folder locking mechanism. It's a big deal to do this work correctly.

A foldable triangle stock will require removal of the rear trunion and also cutting a slot in the LH side of the receiver for the folder locking mechanism. It's a big deal to do this work correctly.
That's what I figured if I could find someone competent enough to do that I don't mind paying for their services!

That's what I figured if I could find someone competent enough to do that I don't mind paying for their services!
To be honest, the best way would be to buy a new receiver made for a folder. I bought mine from NDS, and in addition you will need to find a complete side-folder assembly.

Edited to add: A wood stock affords a nice cheek weld, but a cold steel side folder or underfolder will jar the teeth.

We have an entire thread for AK help

We have an entire thread for AK help

Good looking out!

Copeland Gunworks welded a Romanian military trunion in my Draco after I SBRd it and did an amazing job. I attached a folding wire stock (think Romanian PM-90) to it and absolutely love it, although I hear they're not for everyone.

Tim does awesome work.

Ive seen early century arms AKs shoot their own barrel pins out, like standing there and it's half way out after a mag dump.

Buy these and keep an eye on it. While I haven't seen one kaboom, it's always in the back of my mind when I'm around a Century AK.

1635271423752.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top