JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FD, the point Swedish K is making is that even if the door is opened by a well-meaning leader (though I personally don't trust Bad Check Barry's intentions anywhere near as far as a eunuch's peeing distance), inevitably a not-so-well-meaning one will walk through it. Profiling, looking at the Pattern of Behavior, that kinda stuff. As a History major when I resume work on my BA, I know all those examples... I'm just waiting to play those cards until I frame them in a way that I can tell Godwin to take his fallacious law and stuff it up his totalitarian-symp butt.

Just walk away dude, she's not your wife and she's not even your GF chalk it off be polite but remember she's not your friend anymore. Also remember that a liberal/progressive/Marxist will turn you in to big brother in a nano second no matter who you are to them. Che killed members of his own family because they weren't communist enough, you think this chick won't turn you in if she thinks you are violating a law created by her god?

If This were your fiancé or wife first I'd ask how the hell you allowed yourself to marry a commie but then I'd tell you ya just need to put up with it but keep your balls and rights in tact while keeping the relationship alive as well but bro.....she's a nobody in your life who happens to be on a message board with you..
move on and don't look back, be polite but keep her at arms length and never ever tell her what you own, hell I'd suggest lying and saying you sold your guns or lost them all.

To avoid long debates on gun control, I usually just say Hitler would agree with you and end it at that. Usually such an association gives people a very uneasy feeling in their stomach, regardless if they agree with me or not.

Or, an idea for an alternate tack... given that all I own is a 1911 and a 10/22 (the actual Garand and Carbine that Uncle Frank used are lost to the sands of time, but it is important to me that someday I will own a set that he could not tell from his own) and that she CLAIMS to specifically support handgun ownership and carry for self-defense, maybe see if my old instructor and I could set up an appointment next time she's in the area, bring a whole pile of iron and just when she gets to the point of having fun spring the "Oh by the way, everything you've handled today is on Feinstein and McCarthy's ban lists by name or feature..."

The other thing is, before this we always got along very well... though we had our differences of opinion, it was never personal.

You can't convince anyone on the internet.

This is a one at-a-time face to face argument.

Our position is simple: Every proposed "solution" has been tried in the USA except for confiscation (which would result in a civil war).

They have all failed, according to the US Justice Department and the National Science Foundation, which found that gun laws in general, and hi-cap bans and AWBs had either no effect, or so little effect as to be unmeasurable.

On the other hand, according to John Lott, who has published scientific studies on the subject in nation peer-reviewed studies, we can say absolutely, eith authority and empirical evidence to back it, that more guns does NOT equal more crime.

Even if every item the banner's wanted had been in place on the day of the Newtown shootings, the results would have been the same.

For that matter, even if every single semi-auto in the country were magically disappeared, I could do the exact same thing, in the same time, with two revolvers and some speed-loaders.

If even your wet-dream-never gonna happen ideas wouldn't have changed the results, you need to look at different solutions. -At least if you're in any way rational.

1. take her to a range and show her how you can shoot 100 rounds in 60 seconds with a semi-auto handgun with 10 round magazines. then ask how banning REGULAR capacity magazines will help.

2. remind her the percentage of firearms used in murder is .000037 percent. That is a lot of 0's after the period

3. Tell her the truth, if the government could make as much money off of taxing ammo and guns they could care less how many men women or children died each year.... Want Proof??? cigarettes, an all out ban would save hundreds of thousands a year, not just from cancer but several hundred each year burned to death in accidental fires. BUT they would lose too much money.

We need redirection not a direct fight. We cant win by going head to head with people that live their lives based off of emotion. Right now we need to put the focus on much bigger Killers, cancer doesnt scare anyone but the possibility of burning to death is worse than the possibility of being shot. get their emotions worked up about ANYTHING other than guns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top