JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have an inline fab strong mount on my rcbs and the Dillon strong mount on my Dillon, same with the roller handles. For my comfort I like the Dillon handle better, it's alittle shorter and ergonomicically works better for me..

For comparison..

Dillon mount thickness .130
Inline fab thickness. .200

Table top to top to top of handle
Dillon 16in
Inline fab 19.5in

Handle length 15in
Dillon 15in

I do have to say, in line fab is about 40 mile from me which I like, I do like some of their products, for me.. I'm not quite sold on some of their stuff.

+1 on the spare parts kit. Dillon will replace anything that breaks under warranty, but it is nice to have the pieces on hand so you can continue on without waiting for the postal circus to bring you a 50-cent part.
Personally I find the standard ball handle very comfortable and easy to use. I haven't tried a roller handle but don't see how it could be much better than the ball.
As I read your list, it looks like you have everything you will need from Dillon for the machine to load those two calibers.
If you plan on loading a lot of ammo at a time extra primer pick-up tubes are handy. Although having to take a minute to fill them is a nice break too.
As stated earlier, the Dillon primer flip tray is a nice item. There are others that work but the Dillon is better.
If you are considering a digital scale I have been very happy with my Dillon.
For myself I prefer digital calipers to dial. Either works fine.

WP_20170111_004.jpg

I just ordered everything in my cart, $750. I already have the RCBS ChargeMaster Combo and some other small stuff. I did get the Dillon Strong arm mount but I'm not sure if I'm going to like the height of the press with it.

I just ordered everything in my cart, $750. I already have the RCBS ChargeMaster Combo and some other small stuff. I did get the Dillon Strong arm mount but I'm not sure if I'm going to like the height of the press with it.
Congrats! I stand when loading with mine and for me I changed the height of my desk when I moved it into my house and it happened to be the right height for me.

Is it the best pricing to order direct from Dillon? I'm about to accuire a XL650... I'm gettin' the itch!
There's their retired shooter they sponsored,can't remember his name. I don't know we're else you can get their stuff.
The tool heads are great. You set them up and it makes switching calibers easy peasy.
Is the 550 primer feed about the same as the 650?
The 650 you had to take it apart to change from small to large primers so I bought a second one for large primers. That way it was 2 screws and not fittling with small parts.
Did the same with the powder feed plates.
I had the 650 but for rifle calibers I would do the 550. I had the case feed and rifle cases didn't feed perfect.
Good luck and have fun with it!

+1 on the spare parts kit. Dillon will replace anything that breaks under warranty, but it is nice to have the pieces on hand so you can continue on without waiting for the postal circus to bring you a 50-cent part.
Personally I find the standard ball handle very comfortable and easy to use. I haven't tried a roller handle but don't see how it could be much better than the ball.
As I read your list, it looks like you have everything you will need from Dillon for the machine to load those two calibers.
If you plan on loading a lot of ammo at a time extra primer pick-up tubes are handy. Although having to take a minute to fill them is a nice break too.
As stated earlier, the Dillon primer flip tray is a nice item. There are others that work but the Dillon is better.
If you are considering a digital scale I have been very happy with my Dillon.
For myself I prefer digital calipers to dial. Either works fine.

View attachment 334830
I bought the 3-4 pack of extra primer tubes then never used them. I liked it better to stop and load the tube back up and have a look see at everything to make sure I was doing OK.
Kinda slow everything down. Heck I was reloading the tubes every 10-15 minutes anyway

What is the advantage/purpose of the strong mounts? My 550B is bolted hard to the lumber of my tool bench in the garage and works just fine from a standing position. Is it to raise the machine?

Brian Enos no longer distributes Dillon products. If you go on his site he directs you directly to Dillon's site. Last time I purchased I went through Dillon, pricing is about as good as you'll find it anywhere, I don't think they allow dealers to undercut the pricing. Even Enos's site's pricing was about on par w/Dillon. Apparently Brian was just ready to get out of being a distributor, I believe he still endorses the product.

What is the advantage/purpose of the strong mounts? My 550B is bolted hard to the lumber of my tool bench in the garage and works just fine from a standing position. Is it to raise the machine?
It raises the press to a more comfortable height for me, it provides a mounting place for the bullet tray, and it braces the bench top if you have it mounted to a flimsy bench. I don't know why Dillon doesn't make a bench top bracket for the bullet tray without a Strong Mount for those that don't want the Strong Mount.

If you have drawers or cupboards below your bench it will allow you to open them as it puts the whole loader to the top of the bench.

One more thing I believe is a good idea to keep an eye on. Clean primers. If ANYTHING gets in the primer tubes the primers can jam up, not a good thing. I've had them get cocked and had to use a rod push them out. If the inside of the tube gets scratched, it's a bad thing. You don't want primers to get stuck in the tubes. I was using the small tube to pick up small magnum primers which for some reason seem just a hair larger than regular small primers. Not sure what happened but they jammed over and over, I started only putting 20 down the tube at a time. I ran some fine emery cloth through it on a rod to clean up any burs. Seems to be fine now but I haven't run anymore small magnum pistol primers again. I had a similar thing happen last night loading up some 45's. I noticed a couple flakes of powder on the flip tray but figured I wouldn't pick it, well I got a flake or 2 in there and finally just switched to another tube. Spares are nice to have.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top