JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So since all you guys are manly, and normal, thought I'd give you all a chance to help me pick a color for my 1969 gmc c10 pickups wheel color. The pickup is orange, with a white top. The wheels that came with it were 1980'ish, and south of the border style. I had a blown tire today, and thought well, it's time to fix this ugly wheel issue. I'm going with a solid steel wheel, that takes a hubcap. But, I'm not putting caps on. The color I'm deciding is powder coat flat black, or shiny white. What do yo guys think?

So since all you guys are manly, and normal, thought I'd give you all a chance to help me pick a color for my 1969 gmc c10 pickups wheel color. The pickup is orange, with a white top. The wheels that came with it were 1980'ish, and south of the border style. I had a blown tire today, and thought well, it's time to fix this ugly wheel issue. I'm going with a solid steel wheel, that takes a hubcap. But, I'm not putting caps on. The color I'm deciding is powder coat flat black, or shiny white. What do yo guys think?

You cannot go wrong with gloss black rims that have some chrome lines.

My pick for a half-ton 67-72 Chevy.

cra397.b.ang.jpg

I'm with Redcap on this. But also a picture of the rig would help us too. Since factory GM came with white wheels with hubcaps. But if I had a 69 C10, which is my dream truck, I would drop it about 4", and put some Torque Thrusts on it, and some 60 series tires.

Wheels2.jpg

Wheels2.jpg

White looks pretty on classic old trucks with matching white bumpers but might require some attention to keep clean.

I've always liked a truck with wheels the same color as the body, like a bigass Tonka toy.

Flat black or low-gloss looks like business.

Gloss black might be cool with a pinstripe matching the body color.

All depends on what image you want the truck to project.

Maybe google GMC images and same year Chevys (or any brand) to see if anything sings to you. Would be fun to see pics of whatever you choose.

I suppose the color of orange would make some difference - are we talking classic GM "Omaha Orange"? - also the color of Caltrans trucks fyi. If in that shade you could go either way - white would be the classic look but black would give you a halloween or HD look...

:s0122: ...Of the wheels and tires you are thinking of putting on that nice looking old truck.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top