JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello. I have a form 1 out, awaiting my stamp for an SBR. My plan is to make a 10.5" AR, with standard front sight/gas block. I am starting to look at suppressors for it, but there are so many out there right now, with lots of pros/cons. I would like QD, and I am thinking of going with one in 7.62, for more freedom of use. Sound reduction is more important to me than light weight, but I dont want one thats huge. Any recommendations? I'd also like to keep the price under 1K if possible. I understand that the 10.5" barrel and standard gas block may preclude some QD designs?

I don't know if you've heard suppressed 5.56, but even suppressed the supersonic 5.56 round is pretty loud. A 10.5" barrel is going to be hard on your blast baffle so the blast baffle material is going to be important. A 30 cal can is a good idea so you can use it on the 300 BLK upper I'd recommend getting for serious quiet AR shooting.

Yankee Hill Machine makes a good stainless steel or titanium suppressor that seems to work great on 5.56, 300blk, .308. Not a suppressor expert here, but was watching vids today. There are a lot of videos on You Tube of people shooting multi calibers with one suppressor

Their flash hiders can be put on your 5.56 as well as the others for moving it around. I would think if you wanted to use it on a 5.56 the titanium (1/2 the weight) would be nicer. $1000+ though + $200 stamp of course.

Rifle Suppressors : YHM, Yankee Hill Machine Co., Inc. | Makers of High Quality Firearms, Accessories & Sound Suppressors, Makers of High Quality Firearms, Accessories & Sound Suppressors

Here are the two small issues I have with the AAC. The SD is discontinued in favor of the SDN-6, but the SDN-6 is 5db louder according to Major-Malfunctions tests on SilencerTalk than the YHM and previous AAC model.

Also, the AAC has the release tab at the muzzle and if you have a quad rail that extends past the muzzle that is an issue. The look of a suppressor that sits back into the rail - nice. However - if you have an 'odd' suppressor like an Osprey 45 and want to put it on a 300blk (sub sonic) you are out of luck. So many choices ... lol ... but fun. Like they say, guns are barbies for men.

300.jpg

300.jpg

The AAC M4-2000 is very very hard to beat, its only a 5.56 but is top notch.

If I get a 5.56 can this is the one I would get. Im still thinking I want a .30 can though. I dont have any .30 cal guns at the moment (except AKs, and I dont think I would suppress those) but my tastes always change, and I plan to have this suppressor my whole life. Later on down the road I may want a nice tactical bolt gun or a .300 blk or something similar that I would want to suppress.

You know I've heard some peoples feed on the AAC SDN-6 here but it didn't stop me from buying a AAC SDN-6 the multiple hosting is what sold me. but my opinion is the M4-1000 is the best bar none 5.56cal suppressor. I got my AAC SDN-6 for 970.00.

I'd be very happy with any of the QD .30 cal cans from a major mfr. If all things were equal though I'd look hard at the Surefire cans. I've shot one a few times and it's a very well built suppressor. I dont think you'd be unhappy with any quality .30 can but I'd very highly reccomend a QD design. Threading a can on and off gets old.

I was in the market for a can a few months back, and was considering either the phantom ti QD or the AAC 7.62 SDN - 6. I wanted a can that I could use on multiple different platforms, as flexibility is more important to me then sound supression. (I may work an upper with 300 blackout in the future to make a super stealth gun). AAC announced their new SR5 and SR7 at the 2012 SHOT show, and I signed up for the waiting list for a SR7 can. Hopefully they will ship by mid april, and it features the new 90 tooth mounting system.

The SR7 may take a while to get in stock, but it is the latest and greatest, and should be superior to the SDN-6.

I like Hunterton Arms suppressors because:
1. relatively low price
2. Light
3. practical, no-nonsense modular, multi-caliber design.
4. designed to be easily taken apart for cleaning.
5. Warrantied against pretty much everything except stupid
6. baffle strikes? no problem. Won't cost you an arm and a leg to repair.
Huntertown Arms - Suppressors for everyone - warrantied beyond life

Yes, they don't have any quick release attachment. I guess if you are an operator, that's be a critical feature, but for the majority of us, it is a tacti-cool nice-to-have.

I like Hunterton Arms suppressors because:
1. relatively low price
2. Light
3. practical, no-nonsense modular, multi-caliber design.
4. designed to be easily taken apart for cleaning.
5. Warrantied against pretty much everything except stupid
6. baffle strikes? no problem. Won't cost you an arm and a leg to repair.
Huntertown Arms - Suppressors for everyone - warrantied beyond life

Yes, they don't have any quick release attachment. I guess if you are an operator, that's be a critical feature, but for the majority of us, it is a tacti-cool nice-to-have.

Anyone local stock these?

AAC 7.62SDN6QD GETS MY VOTE. With a 10 and a half inch barrel and a specter length Yankee Hill diamond quad rail there is no embarrassing skinny barrel sticking out and you can reach the latch. Also they are just tough as hell.

I just purchased a Surefire MINI, small, light and great mounting system.

This. ^

The Surefire SOCOM 762-Mini might be the only suppressor you'll ever need for rifles, aside from a dedicated .22 LR unit. If you're sticking to 30 cal and below, the things are built for duty use and abuse QD off of a dedicated flash suppressor mount. I wish I had one!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top