JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I got some extra cash just burning a hole in my pocket. I just can't decide what gun to spend it on. So I'm hoping maybe some of you guys can help me find something on atleast narrow my search down. I'll list a criteria below.

-semi auto
-has a hammer
- da/sa
-45acp or 9mm. Would really like 45acp
-size and quality for ccw
-ready for a red dot
-under 1kish

let me know what you guys think you would get.

The red dot ready and hammer criteria are going to be difficult to find on the same gun. Deleting the red dot requirement opens up CZ97, S&W 4516, 4566, 4513, HK45, Sig 227 carry, 245, 220 Compact, Beretta 8045 Cougar, and others.

-semi auto
-has a hammer
- da/sa
-ready for a red dot
-under 1kish
I love the 45. I really do. It's my favorite handgun and what I shoot the most at the range. But for concealed carry you just can't beat the 9mm. With the right ammo it's every bit as lethal as the 45. The Sig P365 is an incredible every day carry. With the MagGuts spring the 12 round magazine becomes a 14 round magazine; that's 15 +P 9mm rounds in a weapon you can stick in your pocket. I used to carry a Sig 245. It meets all of your requirements. Great 45 and I always used to think six rounds was enough. Today though, even with 15 rounds you really should carry an extra magazine.

So I got some extra cash just burning a hole in my pocket. I just can't decide what gun to spend it on. So I'm hoping maybe some of you guys can help me find something on atleast narrow my search down. I'll list a criteria below.

-semi auto
-has a hammer
- da/sa
-ready for a red dot
-under 1kish

let me know what you guys think you would get.

If only you could find more cash, I am positive that your wife or GF will be jealous of your relationship you will have with this one. I don't have the cash right now but it is on my acquisition list.

The Sig 228-ish Arex Zero T1 in 9mm is one of the few that meet your criterea out of the box.
Otherwise a CZ p07/9 and have it cut for an optic.
Most other options arte going to take you well above $1K

my P07:
V3QFqF.jpg

The Sig 228-ish Arex Zero T1 in 9mm is one of the few that meet your criterea out of the box.
Otherwise a CZ p07/9 and have it cut for an optic.
Most other options arte going to take you well above $1K

my P07:
View attachment 880241
Love my P-09. Haven't shot the 7. I don't worry about weight or printing. I care about my/gun's accuracy,, capacity and has a hammer with a half cocktail.

asiparks I like your P-07 😁

I love the CZ 75, but the rail on the SP-01 makes sense. I bet there's a red dot plate that can be added in lieu of the back dovetail sights.

I love the CZ 75, but the rail on the SP-01 makes sense. I bet there's a red dot plate that can be added in lieu of the back dovetail sights.

Yep, I thought about a SP-01. But went with P-09 for EDC. It also has the 22LR Ladet slide too so there is that. The Cajunized '02' brushed nickel 75 stays at the house. I really wanted a CZ Shadow 2 for a long time.

Here is a Shadow 2 that is the one @titsonritz posted above. It has a cutout and plate.

Now I have switched. I want the CZCS Accushadow 2. Pretty sure it can be fitted for a optic too. It is claimed that it is the most accurate production semi auto in the world. I want to find out.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top