Help me jog my memory, Bolt action center fire handgun

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by IronMonster, Oct 7, 2014.

1. IronMonster

IronMonster
    Free Idaho!
    Opinionated Member Lifetime Supporter

So about 18 years ago I had a pair of pistols, one chambered in .223 the other in .308. They where a simple single shot bolt gun with a polymer "stock". Same idea as a XP-100 but these where quite plain and block-ish looking. I really was thinking they where made by Magnum Research but cant find anything to support that. Anyway I cant for the life of me remember who built them. I have searched around on google hoping I might get lucky and find a picture but no luck.

Anyone help me out?

2. orygun

orygun
    West Linn
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

3. SHPD_Retired

SHPD_Retired
    Saint Helens

Remington XP-100r

whole gun right.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

4. IronMonster

IronMonster
    Free Idaho!
    Opinionated Member Lifetime Supporter

I dont remember the rotating breach or having to cock it. Boy its a bummer getting old and losing your mind. That might be it, but it doesn't seem right. I really was pretty sure they where built by Magnum Research so maybe that is what they where.

One of the things I do remember quite well.... Mine had open sights, and I shot them laying on my back with the barrel rested up against my right leg and your left hand behind your head to support it. I would shoot a few rounds out of the .223 and ask who ever came with me if they would like to try. I would get them in position and let them fire off a round or two out of the .223 having them hand the pistol back to make ready for another shot. I would then hand them the .308

After a couple rounds of .223 the .308 sounded like a canon going off. Not a very nice thing to do and I am smart enough now to know better than to do such a foolish thing. But back when I was younger I found it quite fun.

You know the more I think about it the more I think that is exactly what they where. I still dont remember the cocking lever though.

I would like to replace them, One of those things I regret letting go.