JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Help me Identify these Pistols

DSCN1051.JPG DSCN1052.JPG DSCN1053.JPG DSCN1054.JPG DSCN1055.JPG DSCN1056.JPG DSCN1057.JPG DSCN1058.JPG DSCN1059.JPG

Belgium cranked out millions of pistols at the turn of the century, some were copies of extant guns and many were patent work-arounds. Often the pistols had no markings to prevent authorities from identifying the MFG.

Bottom one is a French model 1892 revolver.

Top one----Good question. If I were to take a GUESS, I would say it's an Adams.
Maybe a Webley solid frame? For some reason it just looks British. I'm sure
someone will be along with a positive ID shortly.

Check them over closely for proof marks. The Europeans were nuts for proofmarks,
they will be there somewhere.

As erudne said--they could very well be Belgian. The Belgians would copy almost
anything. If they are Belgian they will have some version of the E L G in a oval
proofmark.

It may look like a Webley but if you notice the Webley has screws in the frame, this one has pins. Also has a stepdown in the lower frame under the cylinder. It is probably a Belgian or even Spanish knockoff. The second one looks to be a French model 1892 revolver.

Top one looks like a Tranter.

It does look like a Tranter. There are a few details on the ejector that don't quite look
correct----but Tranter made a LOT of models and my references on old English revolvers
are pretty limited.
OP PM'ed me some pics---it's got "Double crown over U" German proofs on the frame and
barrel. Other marks were too blurry to make out. English export to Germany?
German made copy? Belgian copy exported to Germany?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top